Pat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi- really looking forward to this trip but wonder if anyone can give me advice on what to wear, do I need to take travellers cheques in US Dollars or is Sterling ok. And did anyone take malaria tablets for this trip? All tips very gratefully received.
rose22
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this holiday in sept last year. I took lightweight clothing and waterproof,comfortable shoes are needed as there is a lot of sightseeing but well worth it!! I took chineese money and sterling which you can change in the hotels. There are people in the streets trying to sell you everything under the sun, which can be a bit daunting until you get used to it... just smile, say no and keep walking. If you do want to buy anything, bartering is the order of the day. I used to offer less than half as a starter and I always cameaway with a good buy! Its always best to have the right money as they dont like giving change so you end up buying something else! I didnt take malaria tablets, my doctor said they were not needed. The highlight of the holiday for me was the Great Wall, nothing prepares you for the sheer size of it!! Films and photos don not do it justice. The cruise was great with many stops for trips on land.Im sure you will have a great time, I know I did! Rose

carolelav
(Member)
Hi

I'm just doing the Shanghai & Yangtse section. Can anyone tell me please what temp to expect?

Carole