Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Tom,

This is one of the main reasons why I get JY to book my connecting flights.  Glad you got it sorted.  Have a great trip and please do write a review when you get back - I'd love to do the Douro one day...

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Regretfully I have found that JY do not always come up with the cheapest or most convenient connecting flights. On this occasion I found that booking BA one way and EasyJet the other suited me best and was less expensive. JY would not have suggested that.

Regards Tom.'

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon TomC,

In our brochures, it is stated in the essential information section that " It is advisable to leave booking travel arrangements to your UK departure point until you have received your final travel documents"

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred, 

I realise that, but in the interest of good customer service, it would be helpful if any changes to original timings were in some way highlighted.

Regards Tom.

Hi Tom,

This is one of the main reasons why I get JY to book my connecting flights.  Glad you got it sorted.  Have a great trip and please do write a review when you get back - I'd love to do the Douro one day...

Cheers,

Bob

Good Afternoon TomC,

In our brochures, it is stated in the essential information section that " It is advisable to leave booking travel arrangements to your UK departure point until you have received your final travel documents"

Kind Regards,

Mildred

For this trip I arranged my own connecting flights from Edinburgh based on the original information I received. It was only by chance that I noticed in later documentation that the return flight into Gatwick had been moved back, meaning that I had to change my flight to the next day and arrange to spend a night at Gatwick.

Now I realise we are advised to wait for final documentation before making any individual arrangements. However it would have been extremely helpful if that change in flight time had been highlighted in some way.

I have been able to resolve the situation but this would have been much more difficult, and expensive, if I had not noticed the change until the very last minute.

Please could such changes be clearly advised.