Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I have flown from Edinburgh twice, connecting with flights at Heathrow and Gatwick. On neither occasion did I see a Just You rep until I arrived at the destination airport abroad.
I'm looking forward to flying from East Midlands for the Dubrovnik trip next May. It's been quite a few years since I have been able to. So good to know that I am only a short taxi ride away from the airport and don't have to worry about arranging overnight at Heathrow or heaven forbid Gatwick!
I was one of two flying from Birmingham to Malpensa, Milan back in 2011 for Magnificent Lake Garda. The others came in big groups from Manchester and Gatwick. There was a rep at Birmingham which was good, then our flight had a problem and we were held up for 2 hours. The poor Rep at Milan had to wait for us as the others were already on their way to Moniga.

The return journey saw 2 groups leave in the morning with us after lunch. I managed to get onto Facebook and found pictures of my daughters cleaning up the house before I arrived home :thumbup:

Jan

I was the only traveller from Stansted on my trip to Pompeii a few weeks ago. Like you I was a little concerned, you may have seen my posts on the subject! I know Stansted airport well so wasn't worried about getting to the gate. My main concern was if one or other flight was delayed, I had al ready been told by customer services that someone wold meet me at Naples. I made sure I had the JY emergency number in my phone contacts " just in case". Our tour manager, who met us in Naples, was waiting for me, and took me to a waiting area where I could sit with a coffee until the rest of the group arrived 40 minutes later. My return flight left an hour before the Gatwick one. Our tour manager arranged for me to have an early breakfast, and then saw me into a Mercedes limo for the journey back to the airport. For me, flying from a local airport, even as a lone traveller, definitely outweighs the hassle and expense of trekking to Gatwick.
Hi Roamer,

Do not panic, you will be fine travelling from a regional airport and it is likely there will be another traveller on your group flying from there too. A Just You rep is present at all UK airports, including regional airports, and will support you the best they can.

If your flight was delayed or cancelled, this would follow the same procedure as if you were flying from a London airport. If the flights are cancelled or delayed, the airlines normally have an obligation under the Denied Boarding Regulations to look after you and we'll do our best to ensure they meet these obligations. Most holiday insurers will cover you if that is not the case and, of course, we will do our best to support you.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

I am excited to see the new tour , Andalucias golden triangle , is offered from East Midlands airport. This would be great for me but I have some concerns as I have only ever flown with the main group before.

If I am the only person flying from that airport would I be " checked off " there by a JY rep ? What would happen if my flight was delayed or cancelled ?

Have any of you done a tour where you were the only flyer from a regional airport.

Reassurance please !