Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I did this tour in October  last year. I did post a review.   JY had obviously  taken on board earlier comments  about the hotel food: when I was there, the food was more than acceptable.  The hotel is family run, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all a very good trip, with a good variety of excursions on offer.
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Mike,

Yes there have been some issues with the food at the hotel last year but these have been resolved and customers who travelled this year so far have rated the hotel and the food "good" and sometime even "excellent".

I think you'll have a wonderful time Mike, as soon as I find out who the tour manager will be I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for the prompt reply.Glad to hear that the food issues seem to have been cleared up.Looking forward to my holiday.If it's as good as my first JY trip to Catalonia last year,I will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes there have been some issues with the food at the hotel last year but these have been resolved and customers who travelled this year so far have rated the hotel and the food "good" and sometime even "excellent".

I think you'll have a wonderful time Mike, as soon as I find out who the tour manager will be I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Hi Editor,

Have booked with JY for Pompeii departing 31st August 2016.Have noticed there was some issues with the food at the Hotel Palma in 2015.Do you know if these have been resolved? Have you had any feedback from clients who have been there this year? Also,is it too early to know who the tour manager will be for the 31st August departure? Look forward to any replies on this subject. 🙂

Cheers,

Mike Stehr

'SarahS' wrote:

Thanks Sue. I'm really looking forward to the holiday now.

Indeed, i agree!

Mark

Thanks Sue. I'm really looking forward to the holiday now.
Hi Sarah

The 2 nights not eating at the hotel the tour manager organised restaurants for us as a group and most of us took that up.

The first was at the Principe which was a very upmarket restaurant and had the price tag to match. Nearly fell off my chair at the service charge they included on the bill. 22.5%. I made sure to finish my wine after seeing that.

The second was a pizzeria evening. Thoroughly enjoyable. Loads of choice and tip what you want. Think we were probably the noisiest group they had had for quite sometime. Pricing was also very reasonable.

I don't know whether you will get the same organisation as I know the tour manager is different to the one we had. But hopefully that information will have been passed to your TM.

For lunches we visited local cafe's for panini or such like. However be aware that on the Sunday you may need to go further afield than just down the road as all the really local cafe's ran out of food!

Don't forget on your way to the ruins at Pompeii you will pass a really nice gelateria. Can't remember the name but it is totally white inside and out and serves gelato, coffee and cakes. The range of gelato is fantastic and well priced.

Enjoy. I most certainly did.

Sue

'sue1305' wrote:

Hi

The food was the ONLY problem for me on my trip at least. The staff at the hotel work tirelessly to help you. The hotel is in a great place for getting around and there is a good range of shops, restaurants and cafes that are easily within walking distance. The excursions are excellent and well organised. The rooms are clean with good facilities which is all I look for as I knew that I wouldn't be spending much time there. There is also the terrace on the roof which is great for relaxing on the free afternoons and after dinner drinks. Don't let the food put you off going and seeing these sights!

Sue1305

Hi Sue,

Good to know! The excursions are exactly why i am going there!

Mark

Thanks for that reassurance Sue. Can you tell me where you ate on the two nights that dinner is not included? I'm quessing it wasn't the hotel.
Hi

The food was the ONLY problem for me on my trip at least. The staff at the hotel work tirelessly to help you. The hotel is in a great place for getting around and there is a good range of shops, restaurants and cafes that are easily within walking distance. The excursions are excellent and well organised. The rooms are clean with good facilities which is all I look for as I knew that I wouldn't be spending much time there. There is also the terrace on the roof which is great for relaxing on the free afternoons and after dinner drinks. Don't let the food put you off going and seeing these sights!

Sue1305