Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
You understand correctly!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi,

So if i understand correctly, Pompeii is quite near the hotel and so we can explore it ourselves pretty easily? I actually prefer that, saves a lot of money on paying for a full day optional excursion.

Mark

Hi AELB,

Yes, this is a brochure error and it is a half day excursion in Pompeii and you have a full day in Sorrento with a visit to a Lemon Grove but the rest of the day is free in Sorrento as there is plenty to see and do there. The reason for this change is that historically for this tour you would have stayed in a hotel opposite Mount Vesuvius and overlooking the Bay of Naples. You now stay in Pompeii so you are able to explore independently at leisure.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

I was disappointed to receive a letter from JY yesterday stating that 'owing to an error in the brochure' the included full day excursion to Pompeii on this tour (i.e. the main reason that I booked it) has been cut to half a day (i.e. 3 hours) but we are going to have a full day looking at Lemon Groves instead.

I've just checked the website and it still says that Pompeii is a full day. Given that we also only get half a day in Herculaem on the optional excursion - are there likely to be any opportunities during the little free time available to go back to Pompeii or stay longer after the official included tour? (I'm booked on all of the optional excursions)

Many thanks

Mandy