Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Keith,

At the moment yes - the community and the account on the main site require separate log-ins. I understand they are currently looking at options to make this a single log-in at some point in the future.

Kindest regards,

Julia

P.S. Thanks to you and everyone else for your comments on airlines, I'm sure you are aware that we do listen to the views of the community.

That's why it's so important to know airlines and flight routings before deciding on a holiday.
Hi Julia

I did this tour in November with Jan and Mick,like them I think it strange routing the flights through Paris and Atlanta.I would probably not go on a trip which involves more than one change of flights,like somebody else has commented the airlines used would also affect my decIsion.

On another point,when I looked on the new website this morning,I clicked on the link from the Community,but, could only login by creating a new registration,which meant there were no address details.Do the Community and the website require separate logins?

Best Wishes

Keith

if a change like that would be needed it would SERIOUSLY make me think about going, the travel there and back always takes out a big chunk of time away

Cindy

Am amazed to read this group is travelling to Chicago via Paris given that there are lots of flights direct from the UK. Think where possible direct flights should always be sought as longer travel time impacts the holiday.
Hello Tanya,

My daughter and I booked with Air France to Buenos Aires from Birmingham via Charles De Gaulle. Going was great as same terminal. Coming home from Rio was a totally different story. Different terminal, bus ride which took forever and a bottle of water that I had in my hand luggage from breakfast was consficated by security. We made the flight by one minute 😠 I quess they realised they had a lot for that flight all held up at Security.

I am surprised that you are going via Paris to Chicago. We went Heathrow with American Airlines back in November.

Jan

Hi Tanya,

Sorry for the delay on this - I have transitted through Paris and I just wanted to check with my colleague about whether my experience would be the same - and its a good job I did check as they are different!

I have been informed that connecting passengers from UK to USA will be checked at the Security points upon arrival of your flight in Paris (travellers and their hand luggage). You will then be checked by Sécuritas concerning US formalities just before boarding your flight to USA.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi

On the tour starting in Chicago in May our flight stops in Paris first.Will we have to go through Paris security...Sorry not sure what happens at second airport when we travel this way as I have only done direct flights

Tanya