Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'adders103' wrote:

Make sure that your notes, especially the dollars, are in mint condition. Peruvians will refuse to take them if there not as the bank then won't accept them from them

Lynn

Hi Lynn

Thanks for that tip. Think I shall be taking just Peruvian Sol. Going to order them from M and S tomorrow so I hope they will arrive in good condition. I'll certainly mention it to them.

Cathy

Make sure that your notes, especially the dollars, are in mint condition. Peruvians will refuse to take them if there not as the bank then won't accept them from them

Lynn

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Cathy,

You'll be able to find something to suit most budgets - when I travel I budget as if I'm dining in the UK and this tends to cover the meals. I do recall a post on the community awhile ago stating that the traveller found it quite cheap: www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-57355.html

The Nuevo Sol is the local currency but you will find that US Dollars are also in use and accepted for payment, particularly in tourist areas although it is best to use local currency wherever possible.

Kindest regards

Julia

Hi Julia

Thanks for the link and the currency advise!!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

You'll be able to find something to suit most budgets - when I travel I budget as if I'm dining in the UK and this tends to cover the meals. I do recall a post on the community awhile ago stating that the traveller found it quite cheap: www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-57355.html

The Nuevo Sol is the local currency but you will find that US Dollars are also in use and accepted for payment, particularly in tourist areas although it is best to use local currency wherever possible.

Kindest regards

Julia

Hi

Could you give me some idea how much money to take for meals?

Also,is it ok to take just Peru currency or should I be taking US dollars too?

Thanks

Cathy