Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I've done 3 touring holidays with JY (with 4th booked) including Golden west.

Here are my thoughts -

Weather - never gets really cold but will be chilly on a night in SF, should get warmer in other places.

ATM's - everywhere, no problem finding one, but remember to tell your bank before you travel.

Luggage - Pack it in your suitcase so it can be easily lifted out and back in, only unfold what you need in each place. Rotate your things so used goes to the bottom then you need to take less out at each place. Take a few carrier bags to put dirty/used clothes in.

Mick

Hi

Weather for this time of year is from about 15-20 degrees depending on the city you are in. It can be cooler in the Bay area.

Spending money:

Meals - until the new brochure comes out, I don't know what meals will be included in the price. My own US experiences are that you can eat as cheaply or as expensively as you wish - I have budgeted as if I were dining out in the UK.

Excursions - many of the excursions are can be booked before you leave the UK. Information on which excursions will be available will be released when 2014 brochures are launched.

ATMS - Based on this years tour, a number of the hotel's had ATMs and in some cases there were banks with ATMs close by.

Luggage - I would ask the other community members to comment on this one, although I see no reason why your usual luggage couldn't be used.

Age Group - the golden question, this tour has such a wide reach in terms of people that book. Like the majority of our tours I would imagine that the main age group will be in their 50/60s. However, on most departures there seem to be a couple of travellers that fall outside of this age range (the last departure this year has one traveller in their twenties).

I'm sure other community members will share their comments and experiences with you too.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi,

Considering going in November 2014 - - due to other commitments and my first Just You holiday

What is the weather around November time?

How much spending is advisable around?

Plenty of ATM's to draw out money?

What type of luggage? I'm used to holidays that have a single destination and just need a suitcase.

What is the age group? I will be 32.