Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi

I was on the same trip as Pete last October and you will have a brilliant time. The best tips I can give are as follows:- don't worry about having to pack for so long, most of the hotels have washing and drying machines which are very cheap and easy to use. You will always have a spare hour to do it, even if its while you're having breakfast. If you can afford it, try and do as many of the optional excursions as possible - they are well worth it. Make sure you take a raincoat as well as suncream - in such a large continent you can get all weathers. Take plenty of memory cards for your camera and spare batteries, there are so many memories to capture. An alarm clock is also a good idea as there are some early starts and the hotels aren't always reliable at wake up calls. If you put Australia in the search section of the Forum you will find lots of other threads with advice about all sorts. If you can't find an answer to any of your questions there, post it and I'm sure Pete and I will be glad to help.

Sally

Hi Sally/Pete, Thanks for all your helpful advice. I am sure it will be wonderful

NewSheila

Hi

I was on the same trip as Pete last October and you will have a brilliant time. The best tips I can give are as follows:- don't worry about having to pack for so long, most of the hotels have washing and drying machines which are very cheap and easy to use. You will always have a spare hour to do it, even if its while you're having breakfast. If you can afford it, try and do as many of the optional excursions as possible - they are well worth it. Make sure you take a raincoat as well as suncream - in such a large continent you can get all weathers. Take plenty of memory cards for your camera and spare batteries, there are so many memories to capture. An alarm clock is also a good idea as there are some early starts and the hotels aren't always reliable at wake up calls. If you put Australia in the search section of the Forum you will find lots of other threads with advice about all sorts. If you can't find an answer to any of your questions there, post it and I'm sure Pete and I will be glad to help.

Sally

I went on the JY 21day Australia trip last October and it was fabulous from start to finish A great group of people of all ages and there are so many highlights and great experiences that you will love every minute of it I am sure. I loved the JY experience so much that I have booked to go to China on 25th April this year with JY so let's hope it's as good as my Australian adventure.

Some of the Australian highlights were Scubadoo on the Great Barrier reef, a helicopter flight over the outback outside of Alice Springs, Ayers Rock for sunset and sunrise, Sydney Harbour Bridge climb and too many others to list.

Have fun .......... Pete

Hello there, I'm sorry that no one has replied to your post, I had a look and a few people have read the post, but no one has replied. Try posting in a thread where people are talking about a similar tour or similar experiences, you may get someone who has been on the Australia tour before.

Thanks, your editor Sally-Anne

Hi Olly

I am very new to this and have tried to post 2 threads but not sure what has happened to them. I would like to hear from anyone going on this trip and flying from Manchester to Heathrow. Also any advice/tips from people who have been on similar trip.