Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Jools

As you probably now know, you will be travelling by Eurotunnel from Folkestone to Calais, so no need to do any sailing at all. In fact the crossing will also be shorter than the ferry crossing - 35 mins rather than the original 1hr 35 mins.

And as for the blockade, I'm assured that this is over now and was only affecting the ferry terminal anyway.

We do have to switch between modes of transport from time to time. I'm sorry if you feel inconvenienced by this but I hope you will forgive us as this change will help get you to your destination faster.

Have lovely trip.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly

My departure is actually the 17th....I got the date wrong. All is now sorted but only because I insisted on going to your offices and collecting the documents in person. I was still being told that they would arrive in the post........

Are there any contingency plans in place if the French blockade Eurotunnel?

Thanks.

Hi Jools

Sorry for the delay, I've just returned from holiday. I realise your departure date is very soon so I will look into this urgently.

Are you scheduled to depart on 17 or 19 April, and can you also let me know your booking reference?

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Ollie

I hear from a friend that the sailing for this trip has been changed and we are now looking at a much longer crossing. Is this true please? The ONLY reason I booked this trip and not the Antwerp one was because it would only be the Dover to Calais sailing and I am a very bad sailor. Otherwise I would have gone to Antwerp and taken Eurostar. How come you have suddenly taken to changing crossings and also airlines from those that are advertised in your brochures and for which we have paid? If this is true I am most unhappy.

And, by the way, I am STILL waiting for my documents with only a few more days to go.......... This is my first trip with JY. Friends had assured me that I would be in good hands.