Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Sarah

This year's categories are 'general' subjects and not based on any destinations so those who want to submit photos from European tours will be able to do so. Last year's categories did feature destinations.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Roger

You are absolutely right - beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Regards

Jaya

It’s nice to see photos of exotic destinations, but some equally good shots can be taken nearer to home. Most recent winners have featured long haul and expensive holidays. Could we have a European category please.
Hi Roger,

Multi entries are allowed! 😃

Look forward to seeing your snaps!

Thanks,

Vickie

‘Beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ as they say ?

February’s competition was the first one I’ve entered. I’m chuffed with some of my photos, but found it hard to choose one of them. Can anyone confirm if it’s one photo per person per competition or if multi entries are allowed ?

Off to Canada in June (hopefully) and am expecting a photo bonanza !

Happy snapping one and all.

Roger

'AbbaDave' wrote:

I send in some what I think are lovely shots which never get a look in it seems to be the same folk month in month out that get the top 3 perhaps I dont shout loud enough

Dave

Hi Dave

I can understand your feeling.

Regards

Jaya

Mike

I am sure everyone who submits photos thinks that they have submitted their best ones and they may get disheartened when they see the same people either winning or being runner ups. As you say the judges' decision counts and is final but at the same time everyone's opinion on what constitutes a great photo differs - I personally do not envy the judges' role.

Regards

Jaya

Further to Dave’s post, I would like to make clear that my previous criticism regarding the time taken to announce the results was not motivated by any level of dissatisfaction or disagreement with the judging panel’s decisions.

It was based purely on the length of time it takes to arrive at, and publish, the results and the possible decline in interest in the competition which may follow as a consequence.

I’m sure that we could all have an opinion on what constitutes a great photo, but it’s the opinion of the judges that counts, and at the end of the day their decision is final. So, despite the fact that I’ve been fortunate enough to win in different categories, and had several ‘honourable mentions’ as a runner up, I’d like to think it wasn’t because I’d ever shouted at anyone.

Mike

Hi Dave,

You certainly have sent in some fantastic photos Dave!

It's always a really difficult decision, but our judges are completely impartial and pick the winner and runners up anonymously.

Please do continue to enter this year's categories as they are different from last year, and we really look forward to seeing your photos 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

I send in some what I think are lovely shots which never get a look in it seems to be the same folk month in month out that get the top 3 perhaps I dont shout loud enough

Dave