Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Mandy,

I'll get them up ASAP this week - apologies for the delay! 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

Any ETA on the May competition results yet?

Many thanks

Mandy

Hi Jaya

It does seem that some photos are being missed when they are uploaded to Facebook...gremlins no doubt, we will have a full review and reload. Please do send in your photos as we always like receiving them as they are extremely inspirational.

Kind regards

Matt

Hi Matt

I also could not see any of my wildlife photos on your face book page even though I had submitted some really beautiful photos. I have been submitting quite a few for each category, but don't see them on your face book page, hence this is the reason I think that you are not receiving all of my entries. I also did not see any of my photos on People and Culture category either. I am now wondering whether or not I should submit any entries for August and September even though I have got some lovely shots of the sunsets and sunrises!

Regards

Jaya

Hi Mandy

For some reason not all the photos in our file appeared on Facebook, thank you for pointing this out. I will reload the images so that everyone can enjoy all of the entries.

I can confirm that I have your five images for the May competition and they will be seen by the judging panel, thank you so much for submitting them. I hope to have the results for you all in the next couple of weeks.

Kind regards

Matt

Hi Vickie

It's taken me a little while ( because I've been away on holiday...) but I've just had a look at the April competition entries on the JY face book page and, although it says it features 'all entries', the three 'Iconic image' photos that I submitted (on 6th May) are not there. (Monument Valley, the Pantheon in Rome and Santa at North Pole)

I had to submit via e-mail because your online portal would not accept my JPEGs (a common issue, I believe) and received the automated confirmation of receipt from JY Photo Team but it looks like they were not included in the competition. I'm not bothered about not winning - it's just a bit of fun after all - but there's no point in wasting my time sorting through my photos and submitting them if they are not going to be passed on to the judges with the other entries. I submitted 5 pictures for the May contest via e-mail on 28th May and received anther confirmation - could you follow up and see if they were actually forwarded to the judges, please?

Hi Sylvia - no, there were a couple of similar views (Monument Valley etc) to mine but none of the ones I submitted  are there :huh:  All very curious....

All the best

Mandy

Well done everyone indeed. There are a few photos that I recognise from my holidays, although not my photos!

Mandy (AELB) - there must be a few there from you.

Happy travelling

Sylvia

'Rose1999' wrote:

Well done everyone, lovely photos.

I can't find the April photos on the link, am I looking in the wrong place? I can see the March ones.

Rose

Hi Rose

In JY FB, if you select photos, albums, April appears there next to March, Cover photos etc.

Regards

Sylvia

As per usual - jealous 😉
Hi everyone! 

We're really sorry it's taken so long this month to reveal the winners, we've been busy bees here at HQ! Thank you for your patience  🙂

Our April category was 'Iconic Sights' and boy did the entrants make it difficult for us to choose! In the end, we chose one winner and two runners-up. And they were... 

Winner - Anthony Viccary, for his incredible photo of the Northern Lights in Tromos

Runner-up - Michael Woffinden, for his photo of the magnificent onion domes of St Basil's Cathedral

Runner-up - Julie Gibbs, for her photo of the always iconic Taj Mahal 

Congratulations to the winner and runners-up and thank you to everyone who entered! We'll be picking the winner of our May category soon so keep your eyes pealed! 

All entries for our April category will be over on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/justyouholidays  if you'd like to head over there. 

Thanks! 

Vickie