Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Good Morning Jintzky,

I have privately sent you an email in relation to this post.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Been following the thread re Birmingham Airport v East Midlands airport. All I can say is...how lucky you are to have a choice!!! I live in Scotland and very few holidays fly direct from Glasgow or Edinburgh, especially in the winter months. I had a lovely in Mijas in October and would have liked to go there for Christmas - however NO flights from Scotland!! It would be so easy for me to book my own flight from Glasgow to Malaga, and I really wont mind making my own way to Mijas, however this is not possible with JY - so near yet so far away!! Other companies I have enquired with would let me do that no prob....why not JY??? Also, when we do have flights from Scotland its either Easyjet or Ryanair - the cheapest of the cheap!! I have addressed this before and have not received a satisfactory answer.....
Hi Sue

Bit late to this thread but I was just looking at the Barcelona trip and like you am disappointed that there is no Birmingham flight as I live 10 minutes away from the airport.  If I do book, I would go from Heathrow - it is a bit further but much cheaper than the East Midlands departure and the flights are with BA (East Midlands is with Ryanair and there is no way I would fly with them).

Jane

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Sue50,

We always take any feedback from our customers on board so thank you for your comment.

I can advise you that in January 2017 there were 24 tours that flew from Birmingham airport and in May there were 26 tours.

For East Midlands airport, there were 5 tours but now there are 6 tours.

However, we are always looking for other opportunities where airports are more local to our customers.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Appreciate your response, it must be that the holiday I was looking at Barcelona's sunshine coast was from birmingham in this year's brochure but next year's it's East Midlands which is a big disappointment. 

Sue

Good Afternoon Sue50,

We always take any feedback from our customers on board so thank you for your comment.

I can advise you that in January 2017 there were 24 tours that flew from Birmingham airport and in May there were 26 tours.

For East Midlands airport, there were 5 tours but now there are 6 tours.

However, we are always looking for other opportunities where airports are more local to our customers.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

'SusieB' wrote:

Well said Charleyhorse!

Not coming from that area I assumed the distance being talked about was significant but 36.5 miles is minimal particularly when you are setting out on a journey of a thousand or more miles. Not many people live on the edge of an airport, practically all of us have a journey to make.

I would just like to point out that you are all missing my point.  

In the last brochure there were holidays where they had Birmingham Airport as an option. In this year's brochure on some of them they have taken away Birmingham Airport and replaced it with East Midlands which I think is a bad move and not because i live in Birmingham.

As I have said previously I do not mind travelling to an airport, I go to Heathrow and Gatwick and would go to Manchester because I can get to them via train or coach direct. East Midlands does not it means one or two changes which makes the journey long and difficult. 

I think we will have agree to disagree.

Well said Charleyhorse!

Not coming from that area I assumed the distance being talked about was significant but 36.5 miles is minimal particularly when you are setting out on a journey of a thousand or more miles. Not many people live on the edge of an airport, practically all of us have a journey to make.

The distance between Birmingham Airport and East Midlands airport is 36.5 miles. They are connected by the same motorway! Just You need to use which airport the airline is flying from. Weall, at times are inconvenienced where flights are going from.
Hiya

I think everyone is missing my point.  It would appear that on some of the holidays where Birmingham Airport was an option, it has now been changed to East Midlands Airport, or on the new holidays Birmingham is not an option just East Midlands for central England.

I do not mind travelling to an airport, I fly from London no problem.  My point was, if East Midlands Airport was the only option in central England it is not easy to get to.  I live in Birmingham and there is no direct train, National Express Coach like you can get to other airports, the only way I can get there is by taxi which is up to 2 hours journey and cost a lot of money.  Surely Birmingham should be another option as well as East Midlands.

I agree you cannot please everyone, however, with Birmingham been 2nd biggest city in the UK you would think they would have Birmingham airport as an option.

I agree with Cindy - not easy to please everyone. What suits one does not suit the other! At the end of the day it is up to an individual to decide whether or not to book a holiday. My personal feeling is that if you really wanted to go on a particular tour you will not fret about which airport the flight is from. Yes, sometimes one has to travel a long way and spend extra money on overnight stays but this is what it is.

Regards

Jaya