Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I would like to see most of these islands. But I am not a beach person, and don't particularly like being 'trapped' on a cruise either with the so called 'on board entertainment' So I am viewing these as individual destinations rather than a tour of a few of them. Jamaica and Dominican Republic certainly fall under this category like Cuba and the Bahamas.

Aruba and Curacao could be fitted into one tour, but they are too far away for me to be included in a tour with say all the others. Trinidad and Tobago is another.

As for the vote I went for my top three - Jamaica would the most culturally intriguing, followed by Trinidad and Tobago. My third choice went to Antigua for a nice relaxing beach escape to go along with already existing Barbados and St Lucia trips.

Others not mentioned in the vote - St Vincent, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Anguilla, Turks and Caicos, Guadeloupe and Martinique are more places I could not mind visiting.

The list grows long.

I am not a beach person but am sure there is plenty to see on all of these islands. Given a choice and depending on my resources I would like to visit each one.

Jaya

Didn't mark any of them. Don't know enough about them, or what they offer. Have been to Cuba, but didn't enjoy trip.

Don't do beach holidays so wouldn't be interested if that was offered. Never done a cruise, but a trip taking in many of the islands, with tours on each and I may consider it. But have so many plans for other trips this year and now looking to fix up 2018 already, so 2019 maybe.

I selected Antigua, Aruba, Barbados, St Lucia and Trinidad & Tobago.

I've not been to the Caribbean either, apart from Cuba if that is considered Caribbean! And like Kezzer hate beach holidays so this could be why I've avoided the many islands so far. Island hopping sounds interesting, if possible, though I wouldn't do a cruise.

Regards

Sylvia

I've not been to any of the Caribbean islands. I'd love to go, but am not a beach holiday type person so I would be looking for somewhere with lots to do and see. That said I've never looked at any of the holidays on the JY site so maybe they offer more than what I think. As long as there is plenty of local rum I'm sure I'd be happy. :):)
I've visited all of these islands from cruise ships, and it's very difficult to pick a favourite. Each has its own unique flavour. For scenery I would probably say Jamaica and St Lucia, but then  I remember the  stunning English bay on Antigua........ please JY consider a Caribbean cruise,  or at least  a multi island trip.
Not interested in any of the Islands listed. Now if it had been Greek Islands then maybe it would have been more difficult.

Jan

'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Julia

I have voted for Jamaica as a Caribbean island I have not been to having been to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, Trinidad & Tobago and even St Vincent,  I don't know too much of the other islands mentioned but how about a 3 island hopper

regards

Dave

for three islands which are close enough together I would say Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua,  all of which have absolutely stunning beaches and even more tastier Rum punch lol

Hi Mildred,

Many thanks and tell Julia that's no problem!  I have now voted - the first one to do so!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Julia

I have voted for Jamaica as a Caribbean island I have not been to having been to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, Trinidad & Tobago and even St Vincent, I don't know too much of the other islands mentioned but how about a 3 island hopper

regards

Dave