Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'pamdiane' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

As you know we launched the Highlights of Persia tour this year and we're looking forward to taking our groups away this Autumn to see the ancient city of Persepolis, spending time in Isfahan and visiting the Garden of Paradise in Shiraz. I have been asked to provide a friendly reminder to those who are still thinking about booking this tour that it does take approximately 4 months to arrange a visa to visit Iran and therefore, if you are interested in travelling with us this year - make sure you don't leave it too late.

Kindest regards,

Julia

new to this site and a little confused as to how it works.  looking to "talk" to anyone who has been on the highlights of persia tour

It's a new tour. The first tour goes 9/9. I'm going on the October tour - as is someone else on the forum.

Interested for next year? The visa takes time to organise.

'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

As you know we launched the Highlights of Persia tour this year and we're looking forward to taking our groups away this Autumn to see the ancient city of Persepolis, spending time in Isfahan and visiting the Garden of Paradise in Shiraz. I have been asked to provide a friendly reminder to those who are still thinking about booking this tour that it does take approximately 4 months to arrange a visa to visit Iran and therefore, if you are interested in travelling with us this year - make sure you don't leave it too late.

Kindest regards,

Julia

new to this site and a little confused as to how it works.  looking to "talk" to anyone who has been on the highlights of persia tour

'Julia' wrote:

Good afternoon all,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Must admit I'm splashing out this year - got a tad carried away.

Didn't hear about terrorist attack. That's not good. Hopefully there's no reaction. Terrible events even in our own country. 

Oh I believe there may be more people going in October. I could be wrong but our tour manager for the Tibet trip told me so. The reason she knew is because her husband is the Tour manager for our trip to Iran! Spooky!

A

'Angie S' wrote:

Good thinking Sandra. I'm not any further forward. Will get the photo done hopefully at the weekend and get it sent off. 

By the way there was a lady on my Tibet tour and she is also booked for our Iran trip in October. I hope I recognise her!

Angie

How exciting - 3 women out of 8 at the last count. I hate to put a damper on things but there was a terrorist attack in Tehran today - reported on the BBC website - around the government buildings. There has not been any kind of this thing since the late 70s. Hopefully the Foreign Office will not change the status for visitors to Iran.

I'm so tempted by Tibet, but cash wise it will have to be in a couple of years time........

Good thinking Sandra. I'm not any further forward. Will get the photo done hopefully at the weekend and get it sent off. 

By the way there was a lady on my Tibet tour and she is also booked for our Iran trip in October. I hope I recognise her!

Angie

'Angie S' wrote:

Hi Sandra, 

I got the JY letter a couple of days before I went to Tibet. I just got back a few days ago.

I tried wearing a scarf this morning but despite my hair being very short I can't seem to hide it. I'm going to get a hijab cap to wear under a scarf for photo purposes. When in Iran some hair can show. 

Are you any further forward?

Angie

Hi Angie

I couldn't hide my hair either so I got a bandana and tied it tight round my head and then put my headscarf on. No hair showing at all - perfect. Sent my photo & copy of passport off to the Just You consular services address just over a week ago so should hear back with an authentication number ready to apply. One slight thing - I'm in Turkey the first week of September, so not sure whether to apply for Iran visa before or after that.

How are you getting on?

Don't worry Kedi I totally remember you! Seeing as we were usually at the tail end of the group with our cameras.

I did think about you guys in HK and how you were getting on. Maybe 30 years too late but better late than never - before it really does change. You never know there is every chance our paths will cross again.

I'm amazed Hils has not got her review on the forum yet. Maybe she's waiting a few days til she comes back down to earth from the roof of the world and all that went with that

Take care. I'm sure we'll chat again somehow!

Angie

(not presently the blonde one)

'Angie S' wrote:

I got the JY letter a couple of days before I went to Tibet. I just got back a few days ago.

Angie

Hi Angie

Hope you are "back to normal" after our China/Tibet adventure. Our couple of days in Hong Kong went by very quickly! Just added to my feeling I was 30 years too late but enjoyable nevertheless. Good to meet you and I do hope our paths will cross again - nothing as adventurous as Iran though. I am sure you will have the most wonderful time.

Best Regards

"Kedi"

(The chunky female with long hair - mostly in plaits to stop it tangling in my camera strap!)

Hi Sandra, 

I tried wearing a scarf this morning but despite my hair being very short I can't seem to hide it. I'm going to get a hijab cap to wear under a scarf for photo purposes. When in Iran some hair can show. 

Are you any further forward?

Angie