Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi

I've only seen about 3 of these sights so have got a lot of catching up to do!

Sylvia

To date I have only see 3 listed sites - The Taj Mahal, Table Mountain and Leaning Tower of Pisa and to me The Taj Mahal is the best out of three. I may change my mind when and if I am lucky enough to see the other sites!

Jaya

Thank you to everyone for sharing their thoughts so far.

And, I think I'll join in the fun and tell you that from the list, I'd recommend Machu Picchu.

After visiting there last year, I can't help but think of it with a huge smile and I don't think I've seen a picture that truly does the site justice. It also brings back fond memories of the only torrential rainfall catching us while at the top by the Intihuatana stone followed very quickly by the sun coming out and shining over the ruins as a fellow traveller and I walked up towards the Guardhouse to dry off - such a great day.

Julia

I have not been to any of the sites on the poll but I have been to Niagara Falls, and the Maid of the Mist boat getting close up to the falls was really spectacular.

Dave.

Reading this list makes me realise just how lucky I am! I've visited six of the nine sites listed here, but my all-time iconic, spectacular and totally humbling site has to be the Grand Canyon. Flying over in a helicopter, and later standing at it's rim, I tried to imagine how I could describe the experience to my friends back home. In the end I decided that it was completely impossible, people just have to go and see it!

Mike

ps Machu Picchu came a fairly close 2nd.

Giant Buddah of Leshan in China was absolutely amazing
The Taj Mahal is awesome, my first sighting gave me goose pimples, its something that a photograph doesn,t do justice to. Surprised the Terracotta Warriors is not listed as this also is amazing
Hello All,

I voted for Christ the Redeemer as it was the most spectacular site on my To Do list. A brilliant day back in December 2011.

I could have voted other for Petra- my first camel ride and where was Indiana Jones? Pisa was the Baptistry for me listening to the acoustics of the man singing and the cemetery with all the paintings on the walls.

Seen Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island ferry- enough for me 😉

Taj Mahal and Great Wall of China are on my lists. Milford Sound will be seen in November 🙂

The Taj Mahal for me - the most beautiful building I have ever seen - especially at sunrise.

Cheers,

Hils

Great Wall of China for me - it made me feel very humble... although I agree with Julie that the Terracotta Soldiers are amazing also. I loved the Statue of Liberty but was a bit disappointed there was no tea-shop at the top!!