Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi all,

There have been a few mentions on the community and a showing of some interest in visiting Iran. Not one to ignore our community members, the Just You team have asked me to reach out and ask you for some more of your thoughts on visiting this country.

So first and foremost - would you like to visit Iran with Just You?

And then, leading on from this:

Would you be looking to travel within the next 6 months, next year or even further in the future?

Would you prefer a short "taster" style holiday or a more in depth tour?

Are the cultural customs a concern to you or do you consider them to be part of the adventure?

Why not vote in our poll and add your comments below.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Iran would be such an exciting tour and a short "taster" of perhaps a week would be interesting, perhaps followed by the option of a longer tour if people are interested. I for one would most definitely be coming along!

We did indeed get something out of this poll - the team have reviewed the results and read the comments that were left too....

It's a case of watch this space.

I wonder if JY got anything out of doing this poll. What it has shown is there is a core of people who would do this trip and obviously there are people out there who don't use the forum who would also be keen.

Although those who would do is the smaller percentage I bet if JY polled on other existing holidays, they would find perhaps more people would not want to do than do want to do!

I'm no expert however. I just hope Iran is still in the to do bundle rather than being put to the side for now.

Angie

Historical locations would be of more interest to me, thanks.
'Julia' wrote:

Hi all,

There have been a few mentions on the community and a showing of some interest in visiting Iran. Not one to ignore our community members, the Just You team have asked me to reach out and ask you for some more of your thoughts on visiting this country.

So first and foremost - would you like to visit Iran with Just You?

And then, leading on from this:

Would you be looking to travel within the next 6 months, next year or even further in the future?

Would you prefer a short "taster" style holiday or a more in depth tour?

Are the cultural customs a concern to you or do you consider them to be part of the adventure?

Why not vote in our poll and add your comments below.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Not likely - wouldn't go near it.

Sylvia

I agree with Angie. With the introductions of new tours, the list keeps on getting longer and longer and whilst planning which tour to do first, you always have a sort of 'fear' at the back of your mind as to whether or not some of the tours on your list will be on offer for a few years till you catch up or will they be put to rest. It is getting difficult to decided where to go next! The Silk Road is one tour which I really want to do one day and with the cancellations of dates recently, I am wondering if this one will be put to rest?

Jaya

I would be very very interested in Iran next year, I have no concernes about cultural differences or what is going on in nearby countries, its all part of the adventure. other companies are starting to do tours so why not JY. I would do its this year but as I am already doing Canada and the Silk Road this year one can't do it all.
I would love to see Iran - maybe 2017 early summer/Autumn.  I'd want to insert US Historic Trail

first though, so I hope you'd run this US tour in early Spring 2017!  I was glued to The Silk Road yesterday

evening on BBC4 and would prefer a longer Iran tour to see as much as possible.  Also, I turned down

a chance to go to Iran a few years ago before the doors closed; I was nervous of the

internal flights given the Iranian air accident record. Hopefully this will improve now the embargos

are being lifted.  But I'd prefer no internal flights and definitely a European airline to get there!!

I understand that, in theory, you can own a second passport to avoid the 'previous travel destinations'

problem?  A second passport would be great given the time it takes to obtain multiple visas for trips covering a few different countries.

Central Asia - I loved Uzbekistan and I'd like to visit surrounding countries - Turkmenistan?

I have to say that I too would not be interested in this holiday for all the reasons that have been sited in previous replies.

Regards,

Bridget

Should have done a bit of reading first then post!

I don't see any reason not to go!

Just remember JY we can't do all the tours at once! This and other tours better be on offer for a few years - our lists are getting longer by the day! A nice problem to have though.

Angie