Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry to our competition and shared with us what you love about Turkey or why you'd love to visit.

Entries are now closed and the judges are primed and ready to make their selection. Keep an eye on your inbox - the winner will be notified by email on the address that they registered on the Just You Community with.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I'm new to Just You (signed up only a couple of weeks ago) and what interests me about Just You is also what interests me about Turkey. Which is, as I imagine them both, unpredictability, real variety and a sort of dynamism with edges to explore. Anything but static 'same old, same old'.

So I don't really have an idea of what would be my most surprising discovery or my fondest memory of Turkey and there isn't a specific 'thing' that makes me want to travel there (and it has been on my shortlist many times. Not really sure why it has lost out every time so far). Instead it is more about the 'being surprised', slightly unbalanced thrill of delving into a place where cultures cross paths and you just don't know what tomorrow might be like that makes me want to travel there 😉

Wow what a place to visit. A mix of Asia and Europe all in one, I can only imagine what an amazing place this must be to visit. It is high up on my to do list because of this blend it offers. My dream is to visit everywhere as I want to say I've been there, seen it rather than having just seen it on tv. It would be magical to win this trip.
I love Turkey, only been there once with my husband, and we loved it. We stayed in a family owned hotel in Olu deniz, and they were such kind and gentle people. I am glad we had that experience, and would love to see some more of the country. One more thing to say..... Turkish Delight !!!! Yum !
I died in 2010 as I ran out of energy to breathe in and beat my own heart due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The thought of photographing every country in the world - the 200 club - and the poles brought me back. Can you help me realise my second chance life ambition of photographing every country?

My life ambition now includes a Travelling Tea Towel, as my region registered a flag in 2012 and I want to photograph it in as many iconic places as possible.

I don't simply want to be a tourist. I want to live as other people do, to immerse myself in their culture, speak their language, honour their dress, sample their food, travel their way. I want to respect what has come before around the world, and use that knowledge to shape a better future.

I'm a Doctor Who fan, and wearing a fez in a place known for them would be cool, as Matt Smith says, fezzes are cool. 😉

Turkey is really the country with everything. For culture vultures Istanbul has the mystique of the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, the Topkapi Palace and many less well known historical wonders. And of course the bazaars for a light break! Beach lovers can head to the fabulous Marmaris beaches or it's smaller next door neighbour Icmeler and gaze at the blue seas or green mountains. Or Patara the longest beach in the Med. Add in hot air ballooning over Cappadocia's strange and fabulous scenery, amazing historical sites like the ancient city of Ephesus throughout Turkey and you will perhaps understand why I go back to Turkey again and again.
I journeyed to Turkey in the summer of 2012 during a particularly turbulent time in my life and there I experienced peace and joy with my children who are now quite grown up and a delight and treasure.I found the simple uncomplicated warmth of the Turkish people -more than one of them said that they felt I would return one day to their beautiful country and I do hope that this is my chance.
HI Im Susan and have just joined just you probably for the same reasons as most of your members (being alone) I have never been to Turkey but is on my wish list now looks amazing and it is a place that would hold no memories for me ,so maybe it would be a new start in a different life as I hopefully move forward a parsing stranger told me the other day life is for living so here goes !!!
I've always been fascinated with the idea of going to Istanbul......ever since hearing the "Istanbul not Constantinople" song as a little girl.....there's something so exotic sounding about it!

I went on a sunshine holiday to Turkey 25 years ago and thought the people were lovely, so friendly and warm hearted......I've wanted to go back ever since and this would be a fabulous trip where I'd feel safe under the guidance of Just You.

Where East meets West.......and who knows the lovely people I could meet on the trip too?

I love the culture ,the food , the people and the land. Wonderful.I love the farming and the cotton fields.The country is so diverse.Just love it.:)