Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JR 10 years ago
'JY wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a session with some of my colleagues in the next couple of weeks to see how we are progressing with reseraching new holidays. Hopefully we will have a good idea by then as to what we might see going into the new brochure in the spring.

As always, feel free to mention any new ideas you may have!

I've mentioned it before, but I'd love a river cruise on the Garonne/Gironde in France.

'cfreadiing' wrote:

How about some short trips to European Christmas markets?

I'd be up for that.

Thank you for that reassurance
'SarahS' wrote:

I was really excited by the Land of the Dragon itinerary, with the chance to add-on Tibet. Then I saw flights were with eastern China airlines. Never heard of them, so looked at review sites. The comments are not good especially on long haul flights. I was on the inspirational china tour last year and would love see more of such a fascinating country. We flew air china then, with some internal flights on another airline. I had upgraded to business, which was ok, but below the standard of other airlines. My fellow travellers in economy were much less happy with their flights. A couple of hours internal flight with a lower end operator is one thing, but ten or eleven hours long haul is quite another. I know cost is a factor, but could you not offer the option of flying the long haul sections with your BA partener?

Hi SarahS,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I wanted to get some information from our aviation team.

On this particular trip, we are using China Eastern for a number of reasons, one of course being able to offer a cost effective tour to our customers, but another is for us to keep all Chinese flights within our remit which we are unable to do if we were to use a non-Chinese international carrier such as BA.

We have used (and still use) China Eastern on a number of our Travelsphere tours and our customer service questionnaire responses give us confidence in using this airline with our Just You customers.

I'm sure you've seen a few posts on the Just You Community about online reviews in relation to hotels, and to some degree the same applies to airlines too. While general online reviews aren't great, this airline have improved their quality over the past few years and have good customer satisfaction scores that are not only above Air China but also many of the 'renowned' airlines.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Will.

Bob .will email you.

Hi Pat, that's a good question - I really want to do Namibia but might not be able to do it next year. I suppose JY have no other option but to say "wait and see" - if the tours prove popular they'll be back and if they don't, they won't!!

Hope you make the right choice and all goes well for you. Vietnam and Cambodia seems like a long time ago now!

Take care,

Bob

Hi Pat,

I would expect them both to be available next year.

thanks

Will

I was really excited by the Land of the Dragon itinerary, with the chance to add-on Tibet. Then I saw flights were with eastern China airlines. Never heard of them, so looked at review sites. The comments are not good especially on long haul flights. I was on the inspirational china tour last year and would love see more of such a fascinating country. We flew air china then, with some internal flights on another airline. I had upgraded to business, which was ok, but below the standard of other airlines. My fellow travellers in economy were much less happy with their flights. A couple of hours internal flight with a lower end operator is one thing, but ten or eleven hours long haul is quite another. I know cost is a factor, but could you not offer the option of flying the long haul sections with your BA partener?
Some excellent new holidays. Now decision time. I like to go away in February and am thinking about Namibia or Kerrala.

Will these holidays still be in next years brochure? I can only do 1 long haul a year and don't want to pick one and find the other is not available next year.