Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The reason we fly to Ljubljana is because the airport is 1 hour 15 (max) from the hotel, whereas from Zagreb airport it's 3 hours. Also, Zagreb only gives Heathrow as a direct flight option, whereas for Ljubljana we can offer Stansted and Gatwick as well.

We are waiting to find out about Adria Airways (Airways (who operate a few non-London options in to and out of Ljubljana, indirect via Brussels or Frankfurt) to see if we are able to offer something beyond the broader London area.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie.  No doubt you are now aware of this.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/adria-airways-collapse-flight-grounded-passengers-cancelled-bankrupt-a9127366.html 

It's such a shame.

Hi Bosuncat,

The reason we fly to Ljubljana is because the airport is 1 hour 15 (max) from the hotel, whereas from Zagreb airport it's 3 hours. Also, Zagreb only gives Heathrow as a direct flight option, whereas for Ljubljana we can offer Stansted and Gatwick as well.

We are waiting to find out about Adria Airways (Airways (who operate a few non-London options in to and out of Ljubljana, indirect via Brussels or Frankfurt) to see if we are able to offer something beyond the broader London area.

Many thanks,

Vickie

'sandybill1946' wrote:

I am booked on this holiday next June flying from Manchester. When I booked it the flights were with Brussels airlines via Brussels. I was given flight times and numbers. I have been via Brussels before and it was very easy to find your next gate. 

When I was booking my taxi I went on the web site to make sure it had not changed and noticed it was flying with Lufthansa via Munich. This was no problem to me but I had not been advised by yourselves. Now I see from the earlier entries that it is another airline I have never heard of. What’s is wrong with Lufthansa or Brussels airlines. 

As I live in Yorkshire I do not go to Gatwick or Heathrow for European flights as it usually involves one or two overnight stops. I was delighted when I saw the options via Brussels as I can get to Manchester any time of day or night. 

Please sort this out soon as I really want to do this holiday but as I said I am not prepared to go via London airports. 

Thanks

Sandra

I couldn't agree more Sandra.  The website definitely said Lufthansa via Munich.  

This is the second time that I have thought about booking this trip but each time I have come across changing airports etc.  Like Sandra I prefer to not to go down to Gatwick because it, Heathrow and indeed Stansted always involve at least one overnight stop.  

Vickie, I know that it's too late to do anything about it this year, but why isn't Zagreb being used instead?  Yes, it's a bit of a hike transfer wise, but probably not a lot more than transferring from Ljubljana.

I am booked on this holiday next June flying from Manchester. When I booked it the flights were with Brussels airlines via Brussels. I was given flight times and numbers. I have been via Brussels before and it was very easy to find your next gate. 

When I was booking my taxi I went on the web site to make sure it had not changed and noticed it was flying with Lufthansa via Munich. This was no problem to me but I had not been advised by yourselves. Now I see from the earlier entries that it is another airline I have never heard of. What’s is wrong with Lufthansa or Brussels airlines. 

As I live in Yorkshire I do not go to Gatwick or Heathrow for European flights as it usually involves one or two overnight stops. I was delighted when I saw the options via Brussels as I can get to Manchester any time of day or night. 

Please sort this out soon as I really want to do this holiday but as I said I am not prepared to go via London airports. 

Thanks

Sandra

'AnnF' wrote:

Hello, Bosuncat.

I came back from Slovenia last Friday and will write a review of the holiday idc.   In the meantime I thought I should let you know about the flights from and to Birmingham.   The planes were all on the small side, 2x2 seats, and had front gangways which let down from the fuselage rather than walking across an air bridge, meaning that they were steep and there was quite a drop from the bottom step to the tarmac.  On all but the flight back from Ljubljana to Brussels we were bussed to and from the plane.   

Brussels airport is enormous;  although all in one building, there are 3 separate terminals (A, B and T) and when I arrived from Birmingham there were very many people in Transit milling around trying to get into the right lane for their gate.   Some of us managed to filter around the blockage courtesy of an airport employee but we still had to go through security scanning again (and I had to give up my half-full bottle of water purchased in Birmingham).   Coming back was easier in that we didn't have to go through security again in Transit but there were still a lot of people around.

Many thanks Ann.

As you can see from Vickie's reply to mine, JY are currently taking no bookings for next year apart from Gatwick and Stansted departures.  So it looks as though it won't happen for me AGAIN.   :s

I look forward to reading your review and thanks for the advice.   🙂

Although I understand that the revised flight plan, if it goes ahead, would now be Birmingham to Ljubljana via Munich there will still be a lot of walking involved (I haven't been to Munich airport for a long time but if it is like Frankfurt and other main airports it will be huge).   If you do decide to go for it, I would suggest you seriously think about booking Special Assistance so that you can be whisked around on one of the many passenger carts.   In Brussels it was about a 15 minute walk to the gate from the central concourse on both occasions and the signage wasn't the best in places.

One other thing about this holiday - the bathrooms in the hotel generally have a bath with shower over and a half screen which might swing open but mine was very stiff so I clambered round it.   It is possible that you could ask for a room with shower but although David our TM enquired, he couldn't get a definite answer - it seems to be a "wait and see" situation.

Ann

Hello, Bosuncat.

I came back from Slovenia last Friday and will write a review of the holiday idc.   In the meantime I thought I should let you know about the flights from and to Birmingham.   The planes were all on the small side, 2x2 seats, and had front gangways which let down from the fuselage rather than walking across an air bridge, meaning that they were steep and there was quite a drop from the bottom step to the tarmac.  On all but the flight back from Ljubljana to Brussels we were bussed to and from the plane.   

Brussels airport is enormous;  although all in one building, there are 3 separate terminals (A, B and T) and when I arrived from Birmingham there were very many people in Transit milling around trying to get into the right lane for their gate.   Some of us managed to filter around the blockage courtesy of an airport employee but we still had to go through security scanning again (and I had to give up my half-full bottle of water purchased in Birmingham).   Coming back was easier in that we didn't have to go through security again in Transit but there were still a lot of people around.

Although I understand that the revised flight plan, if it goes ahead, would now be Birmingham to Ljubljana via Munich there will still be a lot of walking involved (I haven't been to Munich airport for a long time but if it is like Frankfurt and other main airports it will be huge).   If you do decide to go for it, I would suggest you seriously think about booking Special Assistance so that you can be whisked around on one of the many passenger carts.   In Brussels it was about a 15 minute walk to the gate from the central concourse on both occasions and the signage wasn't the best in places.

One other thing about this holiday - the bathrooms in the hotel generally have a bath with shower over and a half screen which might swing open but mine was very stiff so I clambered round it.   It is possible that you could ask for a room with shower but although David our TM enquired, he couldn't get a definite answer - it seems to be a "wait and see" situation.

Ann

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

This option is flying with Adria Airlines. As you may be aware, Adria's future is uncertain at the moment, with all flights grounded. Due to this, we have removed the Manchester and Birmingham options from sale until we have further information.

Currently we are only taking direct bookings from Stansted or Gatwick.

We should have more information by early/mid next week.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Thanks for that Vickie.  I didn't know Adria Airlines still existed to be honest.  I'm sure that that was the company I used to fly to Yugoslavia with back in the 80's!

I could have sworn that Lufthansa were mentioned as being the carriers though from Birmingham.

I'll keep my eye on the news and come back to you.  Thanks

Hi Bosuncat,

This option is flying with Adria Airlines. As you may be aware, Adria's future is uncertain at the moment, with all flights grounded. Due to this, we have removed the Manchester and Birmingham options from sale until we have further information.

Currently we are only taking direct bookings from Stansted or Gatwick.

We should have more information by early/mid next week.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Back again Vickie.

I am still hoping to make this one next year.  I see though that the change now (flying from Birmingham) is no longer Brussels but is now Munich, flying with Lufthansa.  I understand that has 2 terminals.

So the question again please.  Would the flight involve changing terminals?

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Yep, that's right - Brussels has just one terminal. Your luggage will be transferred from your Birmingham flight straight onto the Ljubljana flight, so you'll just need to go to your departure gate 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Many thanks Vickie.