Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Thanks for the info Angee.

I was considering getting a travel money card for this trip but it sound like just changing money at the Airport on arrival is the simplest way. One less thing to think about!

Only seven weeks to go......?

Paula

Hi Chris and fellow travellers,

I don't know if you remember me; Angee from the Kerala trip? I was Hils personal shopper 🙂  

I just did this wonderful tour in June and it was really hot and mostly humid. I knew what the temperatures were predicted to be, but somehow when you're walking up a hill or steps towards a monastery it feels much hotter.

I know that you've read all the other posts as I've been following the threads, but just to confirm I spent very little money on this tour. Everything seems comparatively cheap because the economy as whole is so different. I changed £100 sterling at Tbilisi airport when I arrived, then changed what I had left of that when I crossed the border into Armenia. Some of the others changed £50, but found that wasn't quite enough, so had to visit exchanges elsewhere. I didn't bother with taking dollars as some people suggested and it worked out fine. I put a few bits and pieces on credit card, but not much. 

The hotels vary a lot, but I find that part of the charm of visiting different countries. I had no complaints about any of them. In fact the hotel in Tbilisi served me the biggest glass of Jameson whiskey I had ever had; in a wine glass!

Have a wonderful time everyone

Angee

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

'jonah' wrote:

Thanks Ian

Really looking forward to it.  Hope you are well.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, all good here, just messaged on another thread. Ian

Thanks Ian

Really looking forward to it.  Hope you are well.

Regards

Chris

Hi all,

I did a tour of Georgia and Armenia (with an Azerbaijan add-on) with another company last year and absolutely loved it.  Stunning, stunning scenery, interesting churches and monasteries, fascinating history and culture.  The wine wasn't bad either!

Enjoy,

Bob

Chris/Paula,

Just back from another trip & one of the people had done this & was saying it was (one of) the best trips he had ever done.

Enjoy & eyes out for a HRC.  😉

Thanks Vickie
Hi Jonah,

We don't have the lounge for this trip.

Thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

Would you confirm whether there is a complimentary lounge pass at Gatwick for this trip?

Regards

Hi Paula

That is scary - only 12 weeks to autumn and summer has just arrived.

Really looking forward to this trip.

Chris