Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi JudyH,

The maximum group size figure is at the top of the tour pages, next to the name of the tours :)

thanks,

Jamie

Hi JudyH,

The maximum group size figure is at the top of the tour pages, next to the name of the tours :)

thanks,

Jamie

I can’t see any maximum group sizes in my brochure. It mentions it on the cover but that’s all.
'SarahS' wrote:

I second what Mike and Jaya have said.

And so do I.

> if JY say that ‘the max is 20 for the main tour and 15 for the add-on’ then most people would interpret that as there being 20 places in total - 15 of which can take the add-on option

This seems to me to be the only reasonable way of interpreting the figures: an "add-on" is precisely that: a subset, not a separate party!

> if people are in any doubt about the maximum group numbers for a particular tour, they consult the brochure which does show the correct figures

And why should one have to consult the brochure to interpret the website??! How would one know which of the two was correct? Surely the two should always be consistent, whatever the wording used?

> group sizes should be a maximum of 25, and judging from replies JY have received on this subject, I believe that view is shared by the majority of their customers.

For me, even 25 is on the large side: most of my recent trips have been to "minority interest" destinations not offered by JY, so there have always been less than ten participants: this works fine (one can really get to know one's fellow-travellers) - and seems to be commercially viable (ie profitable;-):  presumably the reason why JY tries to maximise group size?

Jim

I would also like to say that 25 should be the maximum group size at any one moment on a trip.  I am aware that some trips run together eg USA starting in Los Angeles.  Else getting on/off coaches etc can be a right hassle if only one exit.  Also getting to know each other.

Best wishes

I second what Mike and Jaya have said.
I too agree that 25 is a good group size and also manageable.

Jaya

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for your reply. Could I also take the opportunity to add my voice to those who think that maximum group sizes of 35 is way too large. My own view is that group sizes should be a maximum of 25, and judging from replies JY have received on this subject, I believe that view is shared by the majority of their customers.

Many thanks again.

Mike

Morning everyone,

Thanks very much for your feedback on this topic, it's helpful to know.

I have passed this to our phone agents to check that maximum numbers are being quoted correctly, and I will ensure that when answering questions on here that I'm clear on what the overall max number is, including the add-on.

I hope this is helpful and apologies for any confusion caused.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hello Vickie,

Please excuse me for barging in on this topic again, but I think if JY say that ‘the max is 20 for the main tour and 15 for the add-on’ then most people would interpret that as there being 20 places in total - 15 of which can take the add-on option. While I accept that the brochure shows a maximum group size of 35 for the tour in question, JY’s terminology just seems really strange - at best it’s misleading and at worst it’s simply wrong.

Could I suggest that if people are in any doubt about the maximum group numbers for a particular tour, they consult the brochure which does show the correct figures. Meanwhile, it would help if JY, when asked for maximum group numbers for a tour with an add-on, gave an answer in less confusing terms. ie ‘the maximum number for the main tour is 35, with 15 places available on the add-on’.

Mike