Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

Apologies, I thought I'd come back to this one already.

Bags are checked through to Quito so no problem there. In Bogota, all international flights are from terminal 1, so when you land there and get your flight to Quito it'll be from the same terminal, so no need to negotiate any changes.

If there are any issues or concerns at the time, please remember you can give our 24/7 duty office a call.

There are 15 people booked on, just the one man and 14 ladies 🙂 Ages range from mid 40s to late 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

You replied about the fees question but not transit, so thanks very much for this.  

Last one into the Lounge will be nominated as our TM until arrival in Quito!

Regards

Sylvia

'garside' wrote:

Hello

I am confused.

I booked the tour Tinoreras for March on the day the email arrived with our final plans. I tried to book Los Tuneies (the email said 40 days before departure) Tthis was not stated in the booklet details - the operate said ‘your far too late’, well I attempted to book on the day the email arrive. Then I heard that someone else attempted to book the same trip and they were told they could go on the waiting list. Hmm no waiting list when I tried to book. So then I thought lets tried a different operator, totally different appoach. I was told that JY would ring through to the operator in the Galapagos and try to get me on the trip if not they will put me on the waiting list.

My question is is there a 40 days notice to book this trip or not and is there a waiting list?

Thank you

Hi garside

Please see Vickie's response to my similar question in another thread - https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-87924.html

Are you confirmed for the optionals yet?

See you and others soon.

Sylvia

Hello

I am confused.

I booked the tour Tinoreras for March on the day the email arrived with our final plans. I tried to book Los Tuneies (the email said 40 days before departure) Tthis was not stated in the booklet details - the operate said ‘your far too late’, well I attempted to book on the day the email arrive. Then I heard that someone else attempted to book the same trip and they were told they could go on the waiting list. Hmm no waiting list when I tried to book. So then I thought lets tried a different operator, totally different appoach. I was told that JY would ring through to the operator in the Galapagos and try to get me on the trip if not they will put me on the waiting list.

My question is is there a 40 days notice to book this trip or not and is there a waiting list?

Thank you

Hi Sylvia,

Apologies, I thought I'd come back to this one already.

Bags are checked through to Quito so no problem there. In Bogota, all international flights are from terminal 1, so when you land there and get your flight to Quito it'll be from the same terminal, so no need to negotiate any changes.

If there are any issues or concerns at the time, please remember you can give our 24/7 duty office a call.

There are 15 people booked on, just the one man and 14 ladies 🙂 Ages range from mid 40s to late 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

'AELB' wrote:

Hi Vickie

I understand that, like Easter Island, the Galapagos have a mandatory National Park fee (around $100) that is payable on arrival. I've also heard they have an additional 'transit control fee' of around $20. Are these and any other charges included in the cost of the holiday that we have already paid JY or do we need to pay these separately (and therefore budget accordingly)?

Whilst writing, I understand that Patrick, our TM for the 11th March departure, is meeting us in Quito. As this is the case, could you give the group some advice regarding our transit through Bogota airport? For example, will the procedure be similar to the US where you have to clear immigration, collect your bags and clear customs before checking in again or will our bags be checked through from Heathrow to Quito? Will we have to negotiate any Terminal changes or other considerations as we won't have a TM to keep an eye on us?

Many thanks

Mandy

Hi Vickie

Is there any further information in regards to transit through Bogota airport as asked by Mandy in para 2 above?

Also, could you let us have a final figure and ratio of those travelling on the 11 March departure so we know how many M/F to look out for!

Many thanks

Sylvia

Hello PeterG (and others on this trip)

Thanks for the reassurance. We await Vickie's follow up in due course.

Certainly counting down to 11 March now....!

Sylvia

I flew via Bogata to Santiago when I did the Antarctica cruise at Christmas/New Year 2016/2017. I'm pretty certain the bags went straight from the UK to Santiago and we spent a couple of hours in the terminal in a transit area without having to go through immigration etc.

I hope the same applies on this trip as I am one of the Galapagos trippers.

Peter

Good questions Mandy.

I nominate you as our TM from LHR to Quito!!!!

Two months to go. Must get around to booking extras.....

Sylvia

Hi Mandy,

Apologies for the delay, we're just waiting for confirmation about bags being checked through to Quito.

Regarding the fees, they are to be paid by you when you arrive. We have more information on the tour page of the brochure, which states: “Island taxes, including the Galapagos National park entrance fee are not included in the price of your holiday. They are payable upon arrival in Galapagos and will cost approximately $130".

I will come back to you with confirmation on the bags.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

I understand that, like Easter Island, the Galapagos have a mandatory National Park fee (around $100) that is payable on arrival. I've also heard they have an additional 'transit control fee' of around $20. Are these and any other charges included in the cost of the holiday that we have already paid JY or do we need to pay these separately (and therefore budget accordingly)?

Whilst writing, I understand that Patrick, our TM for the 11th March departure, is meeting us in Quito. As this is the case, could you give the group some advice regarding our transit through Bogota airport? For example, will the procedure be similar to the US where you have to clear immigration, collect your bags and clear customs before checking in again or will our bags be checked through from Heathrow to Quito? Will we have to negotiate any Terminal changes or other considerations as we won't have a TM to keep an eye on us?

Many thanks

Mandy