Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks both.

Like Eve I did this holiday 4 years ago, and I had a poolside room with full balcony for which I paid extra.  No problem with that.  However, this year I wanted a front sea view room and was a little surprised to find out that the cost was £140 extra for the week.  Anyway, as it is important to me to have this, and the only alternative was what CS described as a " normal room",  I paid the supplement assuming that it would have a full balcony for the supplement I was paying.  Now it seems that this cannot be guaranteed which is somewhat annoying.  JY need to be upfront with what the supplements include, and indeed how much the supplements are.  I find it strange that the hotel cannot guarantee that JY customers can have what they have paid large supplements for.

Thanks again for the clarification on the safe.  For security of mind I shall pay it.  

Yes, I know about Tavira being not an included excursion from next year.  I find it a bit strange to be honest, and it appears again to be down to this "customer feedback" which has been mentioned on other threads.  Perhaps customers may want to hire a car, I don't know.

I'm sorry to have appeared to be extra picky on this one.  I AM looking forward to it.  I enjoyed the last time I went, and the whole AI experience, which is mostly why I decided to go back.

Hi Bosuncat

I did this holiday 4 years ago and paid extra for the frontal view and full balcony which was guaranteed and great. From memory it was £80 and side sea ones £50. I am assuming Just You clients will now only get the full balconies if not taken by other guests at the hotel.

I paid for the safe then and note that Thomas Cook do holidays to this hotel and they mention there is a charge for the safe. I agree with others that this should be highlighted in the brochure and on the website if there are additional costs for mini bars etc. I usually check the hotel's websites myself.

Incidentally I note that the included excursion to Tavira is not included next year due to "Customer feedback" it will be optional!!

Have a great holiday,

Regards

Eve

Hi Bosuncat

I did this holiday 4 years ago and paid extra for the frontal view and full balcony which was guaranteed and great. From memory it was £80 and side sea ones £50. I am assuming Just You clients will now only get the full balconies if not taken by other guests at the hotel.

I paid for the safe then and note that Thomas Cook do holidays to this hotel and they mention there is a charge for the safe. I agree with others that this should be highlighted in the brochure and on the website if there are additional costs for mini bars etc. I usually check the hotel's websites myself.

Incidentally I note that the included excursion to Tavira is not included next year due to "Customer feedback" it will be optional!!

Have a great holiday,

Regards

Eve

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

No worries! The hotel has both types of balcony and won't assign rooms until nearer to your departure date. However, I've put a note on your booking to request a full balcony, rather than a juliet one for your room. I can't guarantee this as it will depend on the availability for that date, but I have requested it and the request will be sent direct to the hotel.

Thanks,

Vickie

Again thank you.  

It's rather strange as last time I went I had a poolside room,  and automatically got a full balcony with the extra I paid then.  Perhaps there are less full balconies on the direct sea view rooms, I'm not sure.  But thank you anyway for putting in the request, which I appreciate.

Hi Bosuncat

I went on this holiday in June and had to pay €28 for the week which I would rather do that, like they say better to be safe then sorry, hope that helps have a lovely holiday.

Hi Bosuncat,

No worries! The hotel has both types of balcony and won't assign rooms until nearer to your departure date. However, I've put a note on your booking to request a full balcony, rather than a juliet one for your room. I can't guarantee this as it will depend on the availability for that date, but I have requested it and the request will be sent direct to the hotel.

Thanks,

Vickie

'SarahS' wrote:

I do the same. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

You would have thought with the very deep baths with shower overhead, that it would have been a natural thing to include a bath mat for safety reasons.  Then it's up to the individual traveller whether they use it or not.  The only hotel I have used that did so was the hotel on Catalonian Coast last year(great hotel by the way), who replaced the disposable one every day.

Vickie.  I'm sorry to be a pain with all these questions, but I have not been able to get a definite answer when booking with CS on this one.  I have paid quite a bit extra for a front facing sea view room (I asked for higher floor, but don't know if that has been noted), and asked at time of booking if it had a proper balcony, not a Juliet one.  Can you find out for me if the extra I have paid ensures a proper balcony please?  

:huh:

I do the same. Better safe than sorry.
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat

Regarding non-slip bath mats.

As you know from Slovenia I am not exactly nimble and always have a fear of falling so when ever I think the shower floor is slippy I always put one of my hand towels down in the shower. Bit naughty I suppose but ...safer.

Have a good holiday!

best wishes

Di

Thanks Di.  

There are no rooms with showers (that I am aware of) at the hotel, and with my hip problem it's so much easier and safer to have a bath mat.   🙂

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The hotel don't provide bath mats, but you can of course bring your own to use 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Thank you Vickie.   🙂