Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'sjm533  wrote:

'Mike A' wrote:

Talking about all that,  I have booked a room at the Premier Inn, Bath Road, Hounslow for the night before my early morning flight from Heathrow, (Crete 6/9), but like Bosuncat, I'm a non driver too, so plan to get the underground to Hounslow West and either get a taxi or local bus from there to the hotel.  Has anyone else ever stayed there, and if so, is it easier to go straight to the airport underground station, then get a taxi back from there to the Hotel.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get some kind of bus in the morning, but I'll have to leave about 4.30 as it is a 6.55 flight. Are taxis easier? Although I live near Tower Bridge, Gatwick and especially Londn City, are much easier for me to get to, but this holiday only leaves from Heathrow.  I know there is a newish Premier Inn  actually within the airport now, but it didn't appear on my search when I had to book in May and now it is full, so I'm stuck at the Bath Road one.  Also, I'd paid up front for breakfast, but because I have to leave so early, they don't provide it in the early hours, so I should get a refund on arrival.  I just thought I'd point that out so that any JYers can check of they are also booked on early flights.  Thanks everyone!

Hi Mike,

I have stayed at Premier Inn Bath Road many times.  You can get a Hoppa Bus for £4.50 to Heathrow, all terminals.  First ones leave around 4.00-4.30 depending on terminal.  At that time of the morning T3 will be around 15 minutes and T5 about 25. Hotel has timetables or you can get them online by searching for Heathrow Hoppa.  Don't book a meal deal, because you will not get breakfast at that time of the morning,  They start at 5.30.  If you have booked one, then when you check in (don't use online) tell the you don't want it, and you will either not be charged, or refunded if you have already paid.   The reception staff are very good.

Sorry I can't help with travel by tube or bus, I have only ever flown into Heathrow and got the Hoppa.  Perhaps someone else can help with this bit of your journey.

Regards

Sylvia

PS Not sure where the new one at the airport is and I cannot remember which terminal is the nearest, but even if it had not been full it may not be on a Hoppa route so you may need a taxi.

'Mike A' wrote:

Talking about all that,  I have booked a room at the Premier Inn, Bath Road, Hounslow for the night before my early morning flight from Heathrow, (Crete 6/9), but like Bosuncat, I'm a non driver too, so plan to get the underground to Hounslow West and either get a taxi or local bus from there to the hotel.  Has anyone else ever stayed there, and if so, is it easier to go straight to the airport underground station, then get a taxi back from there to the Hotel.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get some kind of bus in the morning, but I'll have to leave about 4.30 as it is a 6.55 flight. Are taxis easier? Although I live near Tower Bridge, Gatwick and especially Londn City, are much easier for me to get to, but this holiday only leaves from Heathrow.  I know there is a newish Premier Inn  actually within the airport now, but it didn't appear on my search when I had to book in May and now it is full, so I'm stuck at the Bath Road one.  Also, I'd paid up front for breakfast, but because I have to leave so early, they don't provide it in the early hours, so I should get a refund on arrival.  I just thought I'd point that out so that any JYers can check of they are also booked on early flights.  Thanks everyone!

Hi Mike,

I have stayed at Premier Inn Bath Road many times.  You can get a Hoppa Bus for £4.50 to Heathrow, all terminals.  First ones leave around 4.00-4.30 depending on terminal.  At that time of the morning T3 will be around 15 minutes and T5 about 25. Hotel has timetables or you can get them online by searching for Heathrow Hoppa.  Don't book a meal deal, because you will not get breakfast at that time of the morning,  They start at 5.30.  If you have booked one, then when you check in (don't use online) tell the you don't want it, and you will either not be charged, or refunded if you have already paid.   The reception staff are very good.

Sorry I can't help with travel by tube or bus, I have only ever flown into Heathrow and got the Hoppa.  Perhaps someone else can help with this bit of your journey.

Regards

Sylvia

PS Not sure where the new one at the airport is and I cannot remember which terminal is the nearest, but even if it had not been full it may not be on a Hoppa route so you may need a taxi.

When I stay at Premier Inn in Bath road, I ask reception to book me a taxi to Heathrow. It’s a fixed price, £16 last time I travelled, and a very reliable service.  Much less hassle than humping luggage onto a bus, and you are dropped off right at the terminal entrance.
Thanks Dave! I'll do that then.
'AbbaDave' wrote:

'daveJB' wrote:

'Mike A' wrote:

Hi Mike,

If you go to T3 Heathrow airport, red bus 111 (route:H6) goes to Bath road past Premier Inn.

Also in the morning shuttle buses stop at the hotel,

you ask at reception about times but I think it's about every half hour.

Dave.

Hi, in the morning if you walk to the next stop back, left from PI you can hop on for free

I live in Jersey,

Regardless of where I go 90% of the time I have to travel via Gatwick and then transfer to Heathrow. It would also involve an overnight stay.. As this is part of the normal process of going away I cant / don't expect to get complimentary door to door pickup.

'daveJB' wrote:

'Mike A' wrote:

Hi Mike,

If you go to T3 Heathrow airport, red bus 111 (route:H6) goes to Bath road past Premier Inn.

Also in the morning shuttle buses stop at the hotel,

you ask at reception about times but I think it's about every half hour.

Dave.

Hi, in the morning if you walk to the next stop back, left from PI you can hop on for free

'mikew' wrote:

Hello Rose1999,

You are correct regarding Saga’s door to door travel service. They were the company that I was alluding to in my earlier post on this subject. Unlike TS’s ill-thought through scheme, Saga do not place any mileage restriction on their service. They will take you to your main departure airport or to your local airport for an included domestic flight to your main departure airport.

Saga’s service is available to anyone in mainland England, Scotland (PLEASE NOTE jintzky), Northern Ireland, the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands.

Please JY, if you’re going to introduce this scheme (which I believe would be a very popular move), take a tip from Saga as to how this should be run. The TS ‘service’ is a prime example of how NOT to operate it.

Mike

Hello Mike

Yes, and Titan do, too (they are part of the same group of companies, so probably use the same fleet of minibuses).

I haven't used Saga, but I have used Titan quite a few times, and their service is very good - and it extends through South Wales. They have minibuses and drivers stationed at various places round the country (at least four in Cardiff, I think), so transport is always available.

And, yes, they will take you to LHR the day before an early flight (and arrange hotel accommodation) if required.

The real advantage of the door-to-door service for me is the return journey: after a tiring 10-12 hour long-haul flight,  arriving back at a comparatively cold and often wet LHR, it's so nice just to be ushered straight to a minibus and then being able to instantly relax . . .

Jim

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on this. I have passed all comments onto the team.

Thanks,

Vickie

'mikew' wrote:

Thank you for raising this subject, Ray - free home to airport transfers is something that I’ve raised in the past as I can think of at least one other travel company apart from TS that offers this facility.

However, in the case of Travelsphere their offer only applies if you live within 75 miles of your departure airport. You can qualify for a return transfer for £80 if you live between 75-100 miles from your departure airport.

Living as I do in the Midlands disqualifies me from the TS free taxi transfer if I want to book a long haul holiday, as most of them fly from Heathrow (110 miles from me). Similarly, Gatwick is 150 miles from me and Manchester airport is 79 miles away. Connecting flights to London airports are not available from Birmingham.

So it would appear that when TS formulated this scheme they redacted the whole of the Midlands area from the UK map! Introduce the idea by all means JY, but if you’re going to do it please recognise that the Midlands does actually exist and introduce a scheme that would be available to ALL of your customers and not just those who live in the North and South of the UK.

I hope that you will pass on my comments to the relevant people at JY, and also point out the limitations of their existing scheme to those at TS.

Many thanks

Mike

Totally agree Mike.  Connecting flights to London aren't available from East Midlands either.   :s