Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Sue

The USA meal was in Florida at Kennedy Space centre, the JY group as well as loads of others had a set meal where a old space pilot gave a talk, I ended up with a can of coke. I went to the JY Tour manager who then went and checked and was told it’s a set meal catering for the majority which are meat eaters, and they would not be providing me a meal.

Then on Nz tour there was a included Meal at a traditional Nz Maori show, again meal was served, I said I can’t eat THAT I am vegetarian meal was taken away nothing else came, told JY Tour manager again they checked same answer as before, so nothing for me, the meal is for the majority not the minority.

To say I was annoyed was the truth, but then my veggie diet I also think is my choice..so no I didn’t create a fuss, I can afford to go hungry for the odd meal. I would make a fuss if my food wasn’t catered for on a long haul flight, now that would be a issue for me..

So I wouldn’t take it as fact that if it’s a group SET meal that you would in fact be catered for. I might be wrong, but I could be proved right.

Good luck

Cindy

'nixon' wrote:

Over the years travelling with JY, I always mention my vegetarian requirements, so the meals on flights are vegetarian only once this went wrong, not JY fault and the tour managed sorted it for the return journey. Sometimes I have not had meals provided, once in NZ and once in the states, it’s not nice sitting at a table with nothing while the rest of the group ate, I did query this with managers but I was told it’s a set meal, so nothing for me.. I always take a few nibbles just in case this happens.

Cindy

I too mention about my requirements. I didn't get veg meal, or anything served when I went to China by Air China. The crew didn't understand the 'vegetarian' bit. I keep snacks with me so, it was fine. The TM then ensured that I get veg meals on domestic flights.

'nixon' wrote:

Over the years travelling with JY, I always mention my vegetarian requirements, so the meals on flights are vegetarian only once this went wrong, not JY fault and the tour managed sorted it for the return journey. Sometimes I have not had meals provided, once in NZ and once in the states, it’s not nice sitting at a table with nothing while the rest of the group ate, I did query this with managers but I was told it’s a set meal, so nothing for me.. I always take a few nibbles just in case this happens.

Cindy

I am really surprised (and shocked) to read this Cindy! If you have told people in advance about your requirements, then food should be available. I am veggie also, and was very well catered for on my trip to Tuscany last year. You have paid the same as everyone else, and to not be catered for is very bad. I hope you asked for a refund!!!

Sue

Cindy

'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Dyuti,

JY can arrange vegetarian meals for you but you will need to give us a call before your flight so that we can arrange vegetarian food options on board your flight.

We will also need to let the hotel know about your vegetarian food requirements so that they know in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thank you, Amy, for reassuring me about the meals. I will now seriously consider booking the tour.

Dyuti

Hi Dyuti,

JY can arrange vegetarian meals for you but you will need to give us a call before your flight so that we can arrange vegetarian food options on board your flight.

We will also need to let the hotel know about your vegetarian food requirements so that they know in advance.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

I am considering Japan Revealed tour for this September. Noticed that 7 dinners are provided. I am vegetarian and don't eat fish. I would like to know whether vegetarian meals can be arranged by JY. 

On my tour to China, I had 10-12 different veg dishes at every lunch and dinner time, I put on 2kg as a result of enjoying the food too much! 

Dyuti