Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Bridget

I am flying from Cardiff so will keep an eye out for a JY label. Hopefully it won’t be difficult to find each other. 

Taffy.

'Taffy' wrote:

Hi Bridget

I have also been wondering about how much money to take. I know a lot of TM’s and experienced travellers advocate changing currency in the country you are visiting as you get a better exchange rate. I have previously changed sterling in hotels in China with no issue. Having said that I will take a combination of sterling and Chinese currency, along with a prepaid credit card. 

With regards to food I am also vegetarian so you will not be on your own. I notice some of the comments on the food don’t sound too complementary but we shall see. I will take some snacks with me as on a previous tour to China the food was fine, but I was fed up with it by the end of the holiday.  

Not long to go,

Taffy.

Hi Taffy,

I’ve decided to just take Yuan and a couple of cards with me.  Most meals are included so we should only really need some general spending cash.

Regarding the food issue, I’m taking some hot chocolate sachets, cuppa soups, herbal tea bags and some snacky things.  I’m sure We won’t starve ?.

I believe you are flying out from Cardiff airport.  Hopefully see you there.

Getting excited now

????

Hi Bridget

I have also been wondering about how much money to take. I know a lot of TM’s and experienced travellers advocate changing currency in the country you are visiting as you get a better exchange rate. I have previously changed sterling in hotels in China with no issue. Having said that I will take a combination of sterling and Chinese currency, along with a prepaid credit card. 

With regards to food I am also vegetarian so you will not be on your own. I notice some of the comments on the food don’t sound too complementary but we shall see. I will take some snacks with me as on a previous tour to China the food was fine, but I was fed up with it by the end of the holiday.  

Not long to go,

Taffy.

Thank you Amy ?
Hi Bridget,

I would recommend that you take Yuan with you to China, and a few US dollars might also be useful. We do not recommend you take Travellers Cheques with you as they are difficult to exchange.

The amount of cash you bring is entirely up to you, but do remember that most of your food is included on this trip.

The Tour Manager will be Stephen Taylor.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hi,

Can you tell me what currency is best to get for China and Tibet.  I see there are two accepted, the RMB and the Yuan.  Is either preferable? Also, I’d appreciate any suggestions as to how much cash we need to take.  I see that there are banks in Lhasa but I’d assume we’d need cash for the more remote regions.  Any advice would be useful. 

Also, has it been decided yet who will be our tour manager and I was just wondering if I’ll be the only ‘non meat eater’ in the group?

Thanks

Bridget ??