Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi SL Devon,

I have spoken to the Holiday Creator for this tour who has confirmed that all previous travelers have found the distance involved suitable to walk.

As the terrain can be quite rough, I would advice that you bring hiking boots with you.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Noted.  Thank you.

'dennyb33' wrote:

Hi SL looks like we are doing the same trip, however I haven't booked the National Park Tour, instead I have opted for the Bosnia trip. I am on the 4th May trip, flying from Gatwick. Looking forward to the adventure.

Hi Denny

Can't say I fancy the Bosnia trip - too many films about bad experiences at border crossings!!  I am also flying from Gatwick and am really hoping to see some blue skies!

'sallyc' wrote:

Walking sandals will be fine for the National Park.  The walk is steep only in one section if I recall rightly and you can go at your own pace.  Most of it is on paths and boardwalks.

Thank you.

'SL Devon' wrote:

Good Morning.  This is described on the website as moderate to strenuous.  Has anyone done the trip?  What sort of distance is involved and how steep?  Would hiking boots be required?  Any advice much appreciated.

HI SL

I did this trip early last year and I would not describe it as strenuous.  I took it slowly and it was no problem.  If you have mobility issues you might find it a little difficult.  As regards footwear I wore a pair of Skechers lightweight lace ups.  

Enjoy your trip.

Angela

Hi SL looks like we are doing the same trip, however I haven't booked the National Park Tour, instead I have opted for the Bosnia trip. I am on the 4th May trip, flying from Gatwick. Looking forward to the adventure.
'SL Devon' wrote:

Good Morning.  This is described on the website as moderate to strenuous.  Has anyone done the trip?  What sort of distance is involved and how steep?  Would hiking boots be required?  Any advice much appreciated.

Hi SL Devon,

If you do the same route my group took, although the distance is reasonable - I think I remember we were there about two hours, rest/food break in between - the route goes down a lot of steps and then of course up the other side of the park. Some ladies concerned about the climb stayed at the top of the park and waited for our return. One lady with asthma did have to stop a couple of times on the way up, not bad enough to use her inhaler, but just to catch her breath (as did some non-asthmatics), but everyone agreed it was a pleasant walk and not overly strenuous. Sturdy footwear a must, but proper hiking boots not really.

Sandy

Walking sandals will be fine for the National Park. The walk is steep only in one section if I recall rightly and you can go at your own pace. Most of it is on paths and boardwalks.
Hi SL Devon,

I have spoken to the Holiday Creator for this tour who has confirmed that all previous travelers have found the distance involved suitable to walk.

As the terrain can be quite rough, I would advice that you bring hiking boots with you.

Kindest Regards,

Amy