Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Cindy,

And just to warn you, if you book a holiday knowing that you may have to cancel due to either of the circumstances you mention, you will not be covered by your insurance!

All the best,

Bob

Bob

From what they say as long as I cancelled 75 days before I would only loose the deposit which would be fine..

Cindy

Amy

Thank you for that answer ..

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

And just to warn you, if you book a holiday knowing that you may have to cancel due to either of the circumstances you mention, you will not be covered by your insurance!

All the best,

Bob

Good Morning Cindy,

To make a booking you must make a full booking payment and also pay a deposit. If you wish to cancel your booking then you must notify Just You before/on the day of departure. However, if you decide to cancel your booking more than 75 days before your departure then you will only lose your deposit, as opposed to the tour price itself the closer you decide to cancel before your day of departure.

You will be able to find all of this information in our Booking Terms and Conditions.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks for asking the question Avocet and thank you Julia for the answer.

I am interested in the Oberammergau passion play in 2020, is there a way you can provisionally book a place, but if need be pull out before final payment is paid. At the expense of perhaps losing the deposit.

The reason I ask is that this is a long way off. We as a family have a family member going downhill, and also I might have to bite the bullet and have foot surgery at some stage and will be out of action for many months. So I would hate to commit to the full holiday price if one of these issues ends up being a problem.

Any help you can give on this would be most helpful...

Cindy

Thanks Julia, that explains it well.   I'm always a happy bunny and take things as they come, only once have I been disappointed when I couldn't get on a late booking to Peru and I had to wait until the following year, I always book well in advance now, so all in all should never need a provisional booking.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Avocet
Hi Avocet,

I can explain this - a provisional booking is one that we are unable to "confirm" at the point that a customer calls or books via the web. This may simply be because the traveller has requested an upgrade which we need to request from the hotel or airline, or the date being booked is close to departure and we have to re-source the hotel rooms/flight seats that have already been given back to our suppliers. To avoid disappointment, we "hold" the place for the customer, until every part of the holiday can be confirmed.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Amy

I have noticed in a couple of posts of late that people have made provisional bookings for holidays.  I think I must have been living under a rock for the past 13 years, I'm not an avid reader of posts but it's only recently I've become aware you could do this.  I've had a very quick look at the booking terms and conditions in the brochure (that print is SO small) and nothing leapt out about provisional bookings.

I wonder, could you please tell me the Ts and Cs of provisional bookings or point me in the right direction of where I can find them, I'm not planning to use that option but it would be nice to know it's there if needed at any time.

Many thanks

Avocet