Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hello Rudsy,

I totally agree with Christchurch. We had just flown around Mount Cook and 3 glaciers then walked into Christchurch crying at the Cathedral. How could Mother Nature be so spectacular and then so cruel 😞 

My daughter saw it in 2005, she could not believe my photos of the devastation.

ps you must go to Cafe du Monde, beignets and cafe au lait. So jealous

Jan

Thanks Janib for your experiences about September weather patterns in the Southern USA, i don't know wether to feel reassured or alarmed, but as you say ' life's too short ' to worry about these things . My son has lived in Wellington NZ for the past 15 years and earthquakes are a regular occurrence , most times not too much to worry about, but occasionally, as in Christchurch a few years ago, they can be devastating.

Never mind i will still go on the USA trip and no doubt will enjoy every minute, the itinerary looks fantastic .

Regards,

Rudsy

Hello Rudsy,

I have done New Orleans twice. 2014 was November and this trip.

2008 was Thomas Cook and the Southern States. When we started in Atlanta in September, Hurricane Gustav had just arrived causing some flooding around the already devastated New Orleans from Katrina 3 years before. We followed Hurricane Ike thinking it was going up the Eastern Seaboard. It deviated at the last moment into the Gulf of Mexico, a 600 mile wide storm. New Orleans took the edge causing more flooding to Lake Pontchartrain, and the Bayous. I stood on Bourbon Street in 50 mph winds sheltered drinking and listening to a great local Blues band. Later I listened to the news and Galveston being hammered. As a result, Lafayette and Cajun cooking plus Houston which looked like a War Zone was left off the itinery. Given an extra day in New Orleans and made our way back to Atlanta for a flight home.

We were in a 2.66 earthquake in Wellington NZ, only knew as I was looking at the earthquake app at the time 😉 

Do not worry about Natural Disasters, life's too short 🙂 

Jan

Good Afternoon Rudsy,

This tour is new for this month as it has only operated in October/November in previous years. However, during these times we have not had an issue with the weather.

However, weather patterns are very unpredictable and if any situations arise we will always look after the customer as our number one priority and re-route any itineraries accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Has the 'hurricane season' ever been a problem on this trip in September ?
Hi Ingrid,

Absolutely... In May the group is currently ranging from mid-40s through to late-70s and the September departure ranges from mid-20s through to late-70s.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello, 

I am interested in your heart and soul trip from Chicago to New Orleans.  

Could you let me know the age range of the groups for both your May and Sept trips. 

Many thanks 

Ingrid