Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'lw491' wrote:

'Jellifer' wrote:

Hi, when I did this trip last year I was able to do both chobe and the Livingstone Express, they may have changed it since but they didn't clash then. Chobe is really not to be missed, if you have to choose between the two I'd definitely recommend Chobe.

Hello Jellifer,

Thank you for answering my question and clarifying this for me.

When you did the Chobe and Railway Express optional tours did you also have time to do the two included tours, Victoria Fall and Zambian River Cruise? 

LindaW

Hi LindaW,

Yes the included excursions were all fitted in as well. Zambezi cruise was done the afternoon we arrived, day 2 i did the optional microlight flight in the morning and then we visited the falls & a local village. Livingstone Express was that evening. Day 3 was Chobe. 

It was a very busy trip but so wonderful.

Hi

When I did this tour we all managed to do both the optional and included excursions. Our Tour Manager made sure we could. I too was concerned that I would have to miss one or two but that was not the case. Both Chobe and Livingstone Express are not to be missed.

Regards

Jaya

Hi

When I did this trip our Tour Manager made sure we were able to do all the optional and included excursions. Chobe is not to be missed and neither is Livongstone Express. Hope you get to do both. I am sure you will have time to do both included excursions and also the two optionals.

Jaya

'Jellifer' wrote:

Hi, when I did this trip last year I was able to do both chobe and the Livingstone Express, they may have changed it since but they didn't clash then. Chobe is really not to be missed, if you have to choose between the two I'd definitely recommend Chobe.

Hello Jellifer,

Thank you for answering my question and clarifying this for me.

When you did the Chobe and Railway Express optional tours did you also have time to do the two included tours, Victoria Fall and Zambian River Cruise? 

LindaW

Good Afternoon Iw491,

Please see below for information on the Chobi Game Drive and the Livingstone Railway Express Add-on days:

Chobi Game Drive:

The Chobe National Park in Botswana is one of the greatest game reserves in southern Africa and famous for the number of elephant that live there. The Chobe River flows lazily through the Caprivi flood plains and provides a haven for huge herds of buffalo and elephant, zebra, wildebeest and impala which are followed closely by predators including lion, hyena, the elusive leopard and the odd pack of the now rare wild dog. The bird life in particular is exceptional. Travelling to Chobe includes an exciting crossing by boat of the Zambezi River at the point where the 4 countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia meet. The Safari starts with a morning game viewing cruise on the Chobe River with tea, coffee, drinks and snacks being served on board. Large flocks of birds, big pods of hippos and very large crocodiles are all around. After disembarking, lunch is then taken at the Chobe Safari Lodge, which overlooks the Chobe River and the plains beyond. In the afternoon, open safari vehicles are used for a game drive into the park. The game drive meanders its way back to Customs and Immigration, before crossing the Zambezi and then transferring to Livingstone.

Please Note: This excursion is not suitable for children under 12 years old.

Full Day – Minimal Walking – Wildlife Opportunity

Livingstone Railway Express:

Enjoy the ultimate fine dining experience on board the Royal Livingstone Express Steam Train. The train operates on the Mulobezi Railway Line - formerly one of the largest private railway networks in the world. The journey includes a stop at the entrance gates of the Mosi–oa-Tunya National Park. Here you’ll have the chance to look out for elephants, buffalo, giraffe, zebra and impala to name a few. As well as return transfers from the hotel to the station, a five-course meal plus drinks are also included. This excursion will operate late afternoon and into the evening, depending on the time of year the sun may provide a serene sunset.

Half day - Minimal walking - Truly memorable experience

I understand that there are optional tours (like the ones above) and then on Day 17 you can either relax by the pool at Livingstone or alternatively join one of the other optional excursions.

I can tell you that on Day 16 there is a guided tour of Victoria Falls from the Zambian side, and then there is a tranquil river cruise along the Zambezi River on Day 15.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

I would appreciate it if you would provide a detailed itinerary for the Add on days in Zambia.  I was hoping to book two optional tours, the Chobi Game Drive (whole day) and the Livingstone Railway Express (half day) but when I rang today to book it became rather muddled and I was advised that only the last day of the tour was free for optional tours.  There being an organized and included guided tour of the falls one day and a river cruise the other.  I did not book either of the optional tours as, once booked, I understand the cost would be non refundable if they clashed. I would rather book and pay for tours here rather than on arrival and have to take additional cash with me.  Would you be good enough to clarify for me please.  Many thanks.