Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'SarahS' wrote:

Hope you all have a great time.  Please write a review when you get back, I’m on the February 2019   departure.

Hi Sarah, I'm also on the feb departure, staying at the premiere Inn the night before. Julie

Thank you Sandra and Sue.

I'm aiming to get to check in about 8 aswell (M25 dependant) so hopefully I'll see you there.

Paula

'PaulaH' wrote:

I can't believe how close this trip is now. Nervous and excited but at the moment don't know which one I am more of!!

I've been trying to compare the  changes in the letter we received to the original itinerary and getting abit confused, so hopefully the new itinerary will arrive soon.

Money wise- I have change about £600 to $ , so hopefully that will be enough, otherwise there's the plastic for back up.

Hopefully I'll bump into someone at check in, as I know it's stupid but one of my biggest fears is walking into the lounge in my own.

I suppose I'd better start packing.

See you Tuesday

Paula

Im aiming to get to check in about 8. We should be able to recognise fellow travellers by the JY labels. Ill ask everyone if they are Paula so hopefully will find you!

'PaulaH' wrote:

I can't believe how close this trip is now. Nervous and excited but at the moment don't know which one I am more of!!

I've been trying to compare the  changes in the letter we received to the original itinerary and getting abit confused, so hopefully the new itinerary will arrive soon.

Money wise- I have change about £600 to $ , so hopefully that will be enough, otherwise there's the plastic for back up.

Hopefully I'll bump into someone at check in, as I know it's stupid but one of my biggest fears is walking into the lounge in my own.

See you Tuesday

Paula

If you end up walking into the lounge on your own, I will be the short one wearing a bandana and with an orange handbag. You can't miss me!!

'jonah' wrote:

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Sue,

An itinerary is being sent to everyone on this trip ASAP 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie

Customer Services have still not rung me back so I am glad it is in your capable hands. 

Regards

My revised paperwork arrived a short while ago. Thank you Vickie. Hope everyone else has theirs. Ian

Hurrah. Revised itinerary has arrived.

Looking forward to meeting you all on Tuesday. Happy packing and safe trip to Heathrow.

Thanks Vickie for putting up with all our queries.

Regards

I've been trying to compare the changes in the letter we received to the original itinerary and getting abit confused, so hopefully the new itinerary will arrive soon.

See you Tuesday

Paula

'Sue I' wrote:

'IanWight' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

I’m not sure how much money is needed for meals and for small souvenirs... has anyone got any idea please?

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue,

I have friends out there at the moment. I have just messaged and got the reply "Lunch £10 Dinner £15 Tourist prices in reasonable places.....street food...next to nothing"

https://champeyrestaurant.com/menu/ 

http://www.artisansdangkor.com/  Check out their beliefs & then look at prices. Very good quality.

Street markets are a lot less expensive and a gold Rolex was mine for $15.00!!

Hope that helps.

Ian

Thank you Ian 

The links worked and are very helpful. I’m a street food / market kind of person! Hopefully there will be others of a like mind on the trip. We had fantastic food on the street in Kota Kinabalu last year and eating with the locals is fascinating... they were all so friendly and the atmosphere as well as the food was great. I’m hoping for similar experiences!

See you Tuesday!

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue, Glad the links were useful & see you Tuesday, and yes, nothing wrong with a bit of mixing with the locals. See you & everyone else on Tuesday. Ian

'IanWight' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

I’m not sure how much money is needed for meals and for small souvenirs... has anyone got any idea please?

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue,

I have friends out there at the moment. I have just messaged and got the reply "Lunch £10 Dinner £15 Tourist prices in reasonable places.....street food...next to nothing"

https://champeyrestaurant.com/menu/ 

http://www.artisansdangkor.com/  Check out their beliefs & then look at prices. Very good quality.

Street markets are a lot less expensive and a gold Rolex was mine for $15.00!!

Hope that helps.

Ian

Thank you Ian 

The links worked and are very helpful. I’m a street food / market kind of person! Hopefully there will be others of a like mind on the trip. We had fantastic food on the street in Kota Kinabalu last year and eating with the locals is fascinating... they were all so friendly and the atmosphere as well as the food was great. I’m hoping for similar experiences!

See you Tuesday!

Cheers

Sue

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Sue,

An itinerary is being sent to everyone on this trip ASAP 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie

Customer Services have still not rung me back so I am glad it is in your capable hands. 

Regards