Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
To folks concerned about the troubles in Myanmar, having done this tour, I would say the unfortunate events will have no impact on this tour. I wouldn't worry.
'Avocet64' wrote:

Hi Jaya

Yes, it's all a bit of a lottery isn't it, choosing a holiday date that won't be cancelled somewhere along the line, it's not just the holiday thats affected, but all the other arrangements that go along with it, so far I've always been lucky. Myanmar is one I'm trying to catch up on, I hope they (JY) don't throw a curveball when the new holidays come out and it gets pushed back again for something else I like the look of, my catch up list is already growing longer.

Regards

Avocet

Hi Avocet

The Burma trip is proving to be popular so hopefully it will not be affected for next year at least.  I did not wait for the new brochure as I wanted to get this trip out of the way.  Like you, my list is growing longer and longer and it is getting difficult to decide where to go next.  I am thinking of getting New Zealand out of the way in 2019, but may change my mind when I see the new brochure.

Regards

Jaya

My booking is not till November next year and who knows what state the world will be at that time! Fingers crossed the trip goes ahead.

Jaya

Good Morning EdmundBlackadder,

All we can say is that we will continue to monitor worldwide events that could affect this tour and if they seem to affect the welfare of our travellers, then we would cancel the tour on this basis.

However, this decision can only be made nearer to the departure date.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Are the recent troubles in Myanmar likely to affect those who go out there? I know we were well clear of it when we went in March this year.

Graham

Hi Jaya

Yes, it's all a bit of a lottery isn't it, choosing a holiday date that won't be cancelled somewhere along the line, it's not just the holiday thats affected, but all the other arrangements that go along with it, so far I've always been lucky. Myanmar is one I'm trying to catch up on, I hope they (JY) don't throw a curveball when the new holidays come out and it gets pushed back again for something else I like the look of, my catch up list is already growing longer.

Regards

Avocet

Hi Avocet

I have booked this trip or November next year. Hope it is not cancelled!

Regards

Jaya

Good Morning Avocet,

Yes, I can confirm that the departure date for Burma & the Road to Mandalay for the 26th February 2018 has been cancelled.

However, there are still seats remaining on our other departures for this tour, so I would give these a good look.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Hi Amy/Jules

Looking at the website I see the departure for 26th February 2018 is not showing, has this now been dropped from the brochure as it is one of the dates I was looking at?

Many thanks

Avocet