Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you everyone.  I really appreciate the responses.  Premier inn, it is.   😃
'jacquieG' wrote:

I've booked the Bloc hotel in the south terminal as I have an early check in and thought it would be less distance to hump my suitcases.  Anyone stayed here?  Any feedback?

Thanks 

Jacquie

I stayed there last summer,easy to find, really close to everything, a couple of cafe/restaurants a few steps away. I booked a cheap room with no window, a bit claustrophobic at first but soon got used to it

I've booked the Bloc hotel in the south terminal as I have an early check in and thought it would be less distance to hump my suitcases.  Anyone stayed here?  Any feedback?

Thanks 

Jacquie

'davidj' wrote:

'jayli' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

I recommend the premier inn at Gatwick North. It is a short walk to the north terminal or an even shorter walk to the shuttle to the south terminal.

Yes, this is my first choice if I have to stay overnight before or after a flight from or to Gatwick, for the above reason - and for the low price if one books at the right time. It is also as comfortable as all Premier Inns are.

The same applies to Premier Inns at Heathrow.

On the subject oh airport hotels generally I have recently found out that there is a new Premier Inn at terminal 4 Heathrow. It is connected to the terminal by a covered walkway so sounds very convenient. I have booked it for my trip to Cambodia and Laos in February for only £29.50.

I stayed in the new PI at T4 in June before a departure from T2: it had only been open a short while, so everything was brand new, and the staff were all very keen to talk to guests and very eager to please - and prices were certainly very low. The rooms are as comfortable and quiet as the PI in Bath Road (my usual choice, which was full, after charging over £90 per night), and the same "meal deal" is available.

The covered walkway is easy and quick to use, and will be very useful in wet weather - it is in fact shared with a Hilton, so you can walk the same distance and pay a lot more, if you really want to! At the end of the walkway you are in T4, and T2 and T5 are a free 10-minute ride away on the Heathrow Express.

In fact, it is probably as quick (and cheaper;-) to use this for the other terminals as it is to use the Hoppa bus from Bath Road, if the PI there is unavailable.

'jayli' wrote:

'davidj' wrote:

I recommend the premier inn at Gatwick North. It is a short walk to the north terminal or an even shorter walk to the shuttle to the south terminal.

Yes, this is my first choice if I have to stay overnight before or after a flight from or to Gatwick, for the above reason - and for the low price if one books at the right time. It is also as comfortable as all Premier Inns are.

On the subject oh airport hotels generally I have recently found out that there is a new Premier Inn at terminal 4 Heathrow. It is connected to the terminal by a covered walkway so sounds very convenient. I have booked it for my trip to Cambodia and Laos in February for only £29.50.

'davidj' wrote:

hkp 7 years ago
You cant go wrong with a Premier Inn, the one outside North Terminal is really good and ideally positioned.
Hi silverbird,

I have booked the Premier Inn Gatwick (Manor Royal) in December for £29.50 room only.

I have also stayed in the North Terminal P/Inn before from about £48.00 to £68.00.

There are several Premier Inns and others of course around Gatwick and the earlier you can

book the cheaper it will be (usually), I use Premier Inn web site for the best prices.

Dave.

Hi, I am flying out of Gatwick and am looking for hotel recommendations.  I don't want to spend £100 for the few hours I will be in the room. Can anyone recommend a hotel they've used before?  Is there a good shuttle service from the airport like there is at Heathrow?  Thank you all.