Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Jemma

I recommend the Costa Rica trip. I have been to Namibia, South Africa with Zambia add on where we were able to spend a day in Chobe National Park, Botswana and Borneo. Enjoyed each experience. Am off to Kenya in September and have got Alaska on my list. Not sure when, but hopefully soon. I love wildlife.

Regards

Jaya

hi all, thanks for your replies..

i have been on an african safari and alaska with other companies, which I've loved. i'll have a look at the costa rica trip.. thank you!

Oops - Jemma, I'm so sorry!!!
'JEMMMA' wrote:

hi, 

I've been unable to decide between india and china for 2018... and then i saw the borneo trip! 

I'm looking for lots of wildlife on my holiday.. to photograph or maybe have an opportunity to sketch and observe.

can you recommend another destination i haven't considered?

thanks

sorry I called you Gemma not Jemma mu apologies but I copied Julia lol

Hi Jemma,

I think Julia's just about covered it...except for Alaska...or maybe you can persuade JY to put together a tour which includes Chobe National Park in Botswana! Having said that, I guess with all the wildlife opportunities in their programme at the moment, they may not want to add another one.

I did the Borneo tour last year and saw lots of wildlife during our stay in the jungle lodges - Orangutans of course, Pygmy Elephants, Probiscus Monkeys, Hornbills and Kingfishers so I can recommend that. You will also see Orangutans and Sun Bears at the rehabilitation centre at Sepilok.

I did the 'Inspirational China' tour in 2014, but the only opportunity to see animals on that tour is at the Panda breeding centre at Chengdu. They are indeed very cute but I'm not sure that you could class them as 'wild'.

South Africa of course is a great starting point for seeing wildlife. Having visited Kruger National Park as part of JY's South Africa tour in 2012, I can recommend that as well.

I'm sure that other forum users will give you their thoughts on Namibia, the Kenyan safari tour, and tigers in Ranthambore in India, so you'll have lots to choose from.

Hope you come to a decision.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Jemma,

If you want to see lots of wildlife, apart from Africa, I thoroughly recommend Costa Rica. The photo opportunities for wildlife are amazing.

Regards Julie

Jemma

It might be worth you posting on the main section for people to give you their honest view, so you can get the most out of the tour..

I have done Kenyan safari and the wild life was out of this world.

Hope you get to decide which tour is the best for you.

Cindy

Hi Jemmma

I recommend the 'Ultimate Alaska' tour.

We saw a superb array of wildlife in the Denali National Park, the glacial bays and inlets and even simply along the road side. It is a stunningly beautiful state and very different to the 'Lower 49' (as the locals call the rest of the USA!). If you type 'Alaska' into the search function on the top right of the page you will find my review from June last year. It overtook the Canadian Rockies/ Rocky Mountaineer as my favourite JY tour so far.

I've also done China but the wildlife there (at least on the Inspirational China tour) was limited to visiting the Chengdu Panda Research Centre (which was superb and you would see both Giant and Red Pandas there, but I believe they no longer offer the 'Panda Keeper Experience' -i.e 1-2-1 time with a Panda - which we were lucky to do. I haven't done Borneo but my fellow JY Community member Bob Gray has and he has posted reviews of both China and Borneo.

Happy to help if you have any other questions.

All the best

Mandy

Hi Gemma

Costa Rica & Nicaragua is a wildlfe paradise as is Borneo but if your looking for the mammels more than birds etc then you can't go much wrong with Kenya, South Africa, Namibia, as well as the many varieties of the smaller wildlife we saw in Costa Rica & Nicaragua there were many monkey species and in Borneo you have the Orangutans and Pygmy elephants if your lucky enough to see any, you'll always find lots of birdlife where there's water, rivers etc

hope you decide wisely

all the best

Dave

Hi Gemma,

I'm sure our community members will also share their thoughts, but I think that Africa is a great start for wildlife - you've got South Africa, Kenya and Namibia.

You've already touched on India, China and Borneo - Costa Rica & Nicaragua is another one to consider, as is Canada for the Polar Bears.

Kindest regards,

Julia