Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi I am Jane and I am on this trip too.....In the excursion schedule it does explain that it is either trip and the 2 are not feasible.....

My query in this line is about paying for these trips.

I have paid up front for those that I can and was told that we would have to pay in New Zealand dollars as cash if we waited until the trip.

I did not plan to take too much cash so is credit card appropriate or did I understand correctly.

What is advisable and obviously the most cost effective?

Looking forward to it!

Jane

Hello Jaya,

I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit so I will quite happily go to Hobbiton.

Jan

Hi

If Rainbow Springs is for the kids and you are neither a wine drinker not a Hobbiton fan then I guess you can have a relaxing day doing nothing!

Regards

Jaya

Thank you Cindy and Tim. Yes I have chosen Hobbiton as I am not a wine drinker. My eldest daughter thinks it has the best wine ever in New Zealand and she is disappointed that I will never know :rolleyes: 

Jan

Jan

Hobbiton wasn't available when I went to NZ and even if it was I wouldn't have chosen it. I have done Rainbow Springs and I totally agree with what Tim has said.

I know you have chosen Hobbiton I hope you have fun.

Cindy

Jan

I did this tour last November, I chose Rainbow Springs as I'm not a Hobbit fan, I felt Rainbow Springs was aimed more at kids, the wine tasting after was good, so maybe have a look online to see which is going to better meet your expectations.

Tim

Hello Julia,

That is not what I wanted to hear Julia 😞 So of the choices, which do I go on? Hobbiton or Rainbow Springs- those who have done the tour, which one did you go on?

Jan 😞

Hi Jan,

I have just spoken with my colleague who looks after this tour and she has clarified that it is a case of choosing to take either the Hobbiton or Rainbow Springs excursion.

It's all about logistics I'm afraid in that the Hobbiton excursion doesn't return to the hotel before the Rainbow Springs excursion departs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Julia

A query has arisen due to another post. I had hoped to go on both the Hobbiton movie set and Rainbow Springs etc. The brochure says one in the morning, one in the afternoon plus the Hangi in the evening. Busy day or what 🙂 Someone has put they could only do one or the other on a previous trip. Please tell me that I can do both

Jan