Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi,

That's great to hear, I wish JY had used BA from Zagreb when I did this tour last year, I wouldn't have missed my connecting flight! Plus, Rijeka airport is often troubled by very high winds, resulting in some flights being diverted to Zagreb, and the Travelsphere tour were also on the BA flight last year. With a comfort stop en-route, it's not that bad a run to Zagreb, and I'd feel more secure knowing my flight was more likely to arrive/depart Croatia ?.

Regards

Caroline

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

We had planned to use Croatia Airlines to Rijeka airport again for 2018 but unfortunately Croatia Airlines are scaling back their UK operation and will not be operating to Rijeka next year.  Pula airport was considered but the timetabling of flights in to there is very poor, so we have needed to revert back to British Airways on the Zagreb route.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Thanks for the explanation Mildred.  I used Pula airport years back, and know that flights there are poor from the U.K.

As I said, it's such a shame and I hope it won't put people off travelling to Istrian Coast.

Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

We had planned to use Croatia Airlines to Rijeka airport again for 2018 but unfortunately Croatia Airlines are scaling back their UK operation and will not be operating to Rijeka next year. Pula airport was considered but the timetabling of flights in to there is very poor, so we have needed to revert back to British Airways on the Zagreb route.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Hi Mildred. 

I noticed that the arrival airport for this holiday next year has reverted back to Zagreb.   I am guessing that there have been problems using Croatia Airlines and Rijeka Airport? 

Having done the transfer from Zagreb to Istrian Coast and Slovenia a number of times I know it is a long hike.  LOL.  Close to 3 hours, on a coach. 

Such a shame, but if the reasoning behind it, and indeed having to obtain a group booking is as I have mentioned then I can totally understand. 

I hope it won't put people off going.  It's a great holiday, and such good value.  I like Lovran, but I just wish JY could revert back to using Rabac as a base.  If so I would be back like a shot, regardless of the transfer time! 🙂