Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks Mildred.

That is the smallest group I have ever travelled with.  At least I might get to know everyone and remember their names. 🙂

Good Afternoon Jonah,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You must change US Dollars into Chinese currency , can be done at airport or hotels with fixed exchange rate. I have emailed the agent about the available alcohol and I am waiting to hear back.

In regards to your other queries, I can tell you that there are currently 11 travellers booked on this tour. The group is made up of 9 women and 2 men and the age ranges from early-40s to late-70s.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi

I still have a couple of queries outstanding on this holiday which I posted some days ago.

Also now it is getting really close 😃 would you confirm the number in group, M/F split and age range please.

Many thanks

Hi Mildred

A couple of my queries have not been answered.  Can we use USD in Beijing or do we have to exchange to yen.

What alcohol is available - the local brew is mares milk. 

A further query.  I assume that as the gers have communal bathing toiletries will not be provided.

Many thanks

Thanks Mildred.

Regards

Thanks Lesley

I suspect we won't but I will cross my fingers.

Regards

Hi Jonah

The statue of Genghis Khan is at a place called Tsonjin Boldog which, according to Wikipedia, is 34 miles from the Mongolian capital. I too saw the Joanna Lumley programme and hope you get the chance to visit the statue.

Lesley

Good Morning Jonah,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Here are the answers to your queries.

- 1 Are there any areas we are going to which may be a problem due to altitude?.- From what I can see there aren't

Altitude is between 900-1600 metr above sea level. I suppose this can be okay with customers since the areas are our high parts of the country.

2 All meals are included in the main tour once we arrive - what are the arrangements for alcohol? Are there any dry areas and what alcohol is generally available?

Yes, all meal is included once you arrive. Alcohol is available with all areas where tour will have meals.

3 I know we have to exchange for tugrick in Mongolia - can we do this at the airport or hotel when we arrive in Ulaanbaatar?

This can be organized upon arrival to UB and coach can have a stop at bank for better rate. So I will include this on the day of arrival.

4 Electrical adaptors - seem to be 2 pin, are they the same as any other countries adaptors?

- Yes, this is 2 round pin.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Just under 4 weeks to go and starting to get excited now!  A few queries please

1  Are there any areas we are going to which may be a problem due to altitude?.  From what I can see there aren't

2  All meals are included in the main tour once we arrive - what are the arrangements for alcohol when in the     gers?  Are there any dry areas and what alcohol is generally available?

3  Dinner is included on day 2 of the add-on in Beijing - I assume that we make our own arrangements on day 1?

4  Are US Dollars accepted in Beijing?  I know we have to exchange for tugrick in Mongolia - can we do this at the airport or hotel when we arrive in Ulaanbaatar?

5  Electrical adaptors - seem to be 2 pin, are they the same as any other countries adaptors?

Sorry for so many queries - there may be more as my brain really believes I am going to this fascinating land.

Oh yes - one more.  Will we be visiting the massive statue of Ghengis Khan.  I saw this on Joanna Lumleys programme but didn't catch exactly where it is located.

Many thanks

Oh OK thanks Julia - its just that the visa control form states Mongolian visa with a tick box.  I will add the Chinese one by hand then.

Thanks again