Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Good Afternoon Chris,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Due to the high demand on certain routes from Heathrow & Gatwick, many routes for 2017 have proven to be difficult to secure for group space.

To enable us to secure group seats London City is the preferred option for 2018.

The forum doesn't have Americanized spell check- this is probably a computer setting. if you right click on a misspelt word- click on languages and set it to English United Kingdom.

Many Thanks,

Mildred

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

In regards to your first question, what Andalucía tour are you referring to?

Thanks,

Mildred

Hmm, thought I already replied..... 

Hi Mildred

The Treasures of Andalucia tour is the one i'm referring to. There is no 2018 dates for the Golden Triangle tour. 

Chris

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Chris,

Thanks,

Mildred

Hi Mildred

Its the Treasures of Andalucia escape holiday - which has the Gibraltar excursion. 

Thanks

Chris

Good Morning Chris,

Thanks,

Mildred

Hello

I was looking at the brochure last night, and balancing out the two Andalucia trips and came up with a couple of notes and queries.

1. How come the London flights have shifted from Gatwick to London City? Personally a pain in the bum as I have to fly into Gatwick first anyway and taxi up to LC.

2. The Andalucia tour with Seville, doesn't have any 2018 dates yet. Is this being dropped or are the minute details still being finalised?

off topic

3. Why does the forum have an Americanized spell check?

I am hoping to go to China in 2018, looking at the October trip in order to give me more money saving time its looks like with the Hong Kong add on whilst i'm out that neck of the woods. Its going to be a £4,200 trip, that is before connecting flights, visa, add-on, overnight hotels, taxis etc.

Even though I am not in the same leagues as some of the other more frequent and more experienced JY travelers, I was wondering.. a bit cheekily perhaps - that with the elevation in prices perhaps it was time to bring in some tiered award scheme (or discounts) for the more regular customers who are spending a lot of their money on these holidays. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Green etc Or even some advanced early bird offers / brochures for 'repeat customers' like other travel companies offer.

Thanks Alan for the tip of tour group you used for Thailand - don't have their brochure (yet), will have a look. Have a holiday booked for November to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam (not JY) - so working out what to do for 2018.

Hi Bob, from Mildred's hint it looks as if the ski option(s) will be available soon, so I'll soon know if anything suits - not a disaster if not, would be nice but so many other things I want to do as well so I'd find an alternative. The 2018 brochures for other tour groups just starting to come out, will be interesting to compare the prices.

Katy

Hello all. I've been reading up on people's comments about pricings in the new brochure and I totally agree with what everyone has said. I love travelling with Just You but I'm struggling to find a holiday that is not too expensive.There seems to have been a huge increase in prices for next year and I fear that holidays will get cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Unfortunately, I've had to start looking elsewhere and I have found other companies that do similar tours exclusively for single travellers but quite a lot cheaper. I haven't booked anything with anyone else yet as I'm hoping that JY will have another rethink come September and reduce prices in line with their competitors if they can. I'm torn between waiting to see what happens, plus any new tours that take my fancy, or booking something now for fear of prices going up even more in the September brochure!

I have travelled with JY for 9 years and have loved every trip I've done with them. I feel happy and secure with them which I feel is important as a single traveller and I really don't want to be 'forced' to go with another company.

I've just returned form yet another fab JY holiday but whilst away, we all discussed the new prices and most people said that they are going to start 'shopping around' for better deals with other companies.

I know JY always listen to their customers and I really hope they will take all the concerns from everyone on board with regards to this subject.

Kind regards

Penny

'katy1717' wrote:

Think everyone has some good points.   Re the costs, agree its probable the new owners are having an effect on pricing, and maybe not in a good way.  But, I haven't had next year's brochures from other tour groups yet, so can't see where other companies prices are going.

I've just finished a 10 day Iceland trip with another tour group and their prices were higher for those who booked the trip later (I fortunately booked early on).  A big topic of conversation was how much more this company were charging for this holiday the same time next year - and Iceland is scary expensive, very relieved that all breakfasts and evening meals were included in my trip + I went this year.  (I notice JY only include 2 evening meals in their current offering.). Think Iceland may be an outlier costs-wise anyway.

Daphne, I've also noticed the group that started offering single holidays this year.  Am waiting for their 2018 brochures as I would like to do their India with Shimla trip next year, which I hope they will still offer to solo travellers.  (Also their Oz trip with Darwin looks great but only offered in main brochure so far.)

I'm one who wouldn't go if the hotels were downgraded, though will put up with the one night stays in not great US motels and the poor breakfasts, mostly I like to be comfortable.  I'm not fussed about tea and coffee making, nor hair dryers.  BUT good wifi is absolutely essential IMO .....

Katy

Hi Katy, I did a wonderful tour of Thailand over xmas and new year just gone and the meals were all inclusive and the extras were fabulous so check out One Traveller. Alan

Thanks Katy, I'm trying to look at this situation from all sides and I believe in being fair!  But I still feel JY should be thinking again about the price hikes for the long hauls as I am convinced it will be counterproductive for them.  We'll see!  

Hope JY put on a ski trip that will be up your street!

Cheers,

Bob

'katy1717' wrote:

Julia, thanks for the explanations.  I did wonder if the takeover by G Adventures was having an effect on pricing.  But from what you say, this appears to be in a good way.  Some of us look into all of this in some detail, and there are often some real anomalies - for instance, was looking at the new tour Florida and the Old South and the price for the March tour is £500 more than the September and November trips and £300 more than June; does seem surprising that March is so much more than eg September (and, of course, March looks like the only time I would be able to do the trip).

Bob, thanks for putting up a rationale for the pricing of hotel rooms for TS and JY tours - I think this could explain some of it. +Hotels prefer 2 people in a room, as they hope for 2 lots of extras rather than one - although I always think this reasoning is very suspect as I think solo travellers tend to meet up in the hotel bar (if there is one) and may stay there, whereas a couple may just head out without stopping at their hotel bar.  

Would like to get started on booking 2018, but am currently waiting on JY's ski trips (if any) and dates for 2018 Oz tour from another tour company so I can fix those first before looking again at what else I can do.

Katy

Good Afternoon,

Not to worry Katie- You wont be waiting very long.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred.