Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I have booked on!  Should be great - thanks for the warning re: Mozzie deterent as they adore me!
DPM 7 years ago
I did the Bayou Swamp Tour in May last year.  Pleased to report that mosquitos were not a problem.  I certainly recommend doing it - saw plenty of alligators and other wildlife, and the captain of the boat was very informative.
Hello Caramel and Tiger5,

Disregard previous question Tiger5 as I have the answer here. I went on the Bayou swamp tour back in November 2014. Great fun with a brilliant photo of an alligator. Not sure about the mozzies in May- I have been to New Orleans twice- October and November- did not bother us at all.

Enjoy (very jealous)

Jan

'Caramel' wrote:

I've booked Chicago to New Orleans in May and am just hesitating over the Bayou Swamp tour which I think I would like to do but don't want to be eaten alive by mosquitos. Is it not too bad? Or just wear long sleeved top and spray anti-mosquito? Are most of the group booked on this?

What sort of temperatures are we looking at for this trip please?

How many are booked on this one?

Can't wait to get out there.

Hiya. Ive not booked on this trip yet, and I'm still undecided. Not long now. So excited x

Good Afternoon Caramel,

I can tell you that there are currently 30 travellers booked on this tour.

In terms of the weather, we always advise that you should check the weather forecast a few days before you travel.

Mosquito Advice

We advise (subject to consultation with a qualified pharmacist or your doctor) you purchase high performance mosquito repellent before your trip and apply this regularly during your holiday, including when you go to bed. We would also suggest that you take with you a ‘plug-in’ mosquito repellent device for your hotel room as an extra measure. These, along with DEET based repellents, are available from most pharmacies.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

I've booked Chicago to New Orleans in May and am just hesitating over the Bayou Swamp tour which I think I would like to do but don't want to be eaten alive by mosquitos. Is it not too bad? Or just wear long sleeved top and spray anti-mosquito? Are most of the group booked on this?

What sort of temperatures are we looking at for this trip please?

How many are booked on this one?

Can't wait to get out there.