Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Jill,

Although I'm not vegetarian, I've been on many JY tour with others who have been!  In my experience, the tour manager has gone to great lengths, in association with the local guide, to ensure that there has been a decent vegetarian alternative - provided, of course, that they are aware of your requirements.  As Mildred has said, when meals aren't included it is obviously up to you to find a restaurant that can cater for you.  I wouldn't let this put you off as many vegetarians travel with JY and I haven't seen any of them starve on a JY tour yet!!

All the best,

Bob

Hi

I agree that as you are paying for included meals hotels should be able to offer an alternative meal especially if they are given advanced notice of specific dietary requirements. 

Lesley

'nixon' wrote:

Jill

I am a vegetarian and have travelled the world with JY, unfortunately even on a included meal I have had some weird and wonderful things dished up to me, including NOTHING as there was no alternative. I tend to just try and eat when I can and go with out if I can't. If you can take a few bits with you then do so, if I can I take pasta meals or cup a soups etc, so I know I have something if nothing is forthcoming.

Have fun and good luck

Cindy

Thank you Cindy- I will but I do think this is very unsatisfactory particularly as the meal is paid for!  Hope you continue to enjoy your travels.

Jill

I am a vegetarian and have travelled the world with JY, unfortunately even on a included meal I have had some weird and wonderful things dished up to me, including NOTHING as there was no alternative. I tend to just try and eat when I can and go with out if I can't. If you can take a few bits with you then do so, if I can I take pasta meals or cup a soups etc, so I know I have something if nothing is forthcoming.

Have fun and good luck

Cindy

Good Afternoon Jill12,

You can request it when you're on the holiday but we cannot guarantee that they can or cannot.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thank you for your response but what do you suggest for day 1. Can the restaurant offer s simple alternative such a cheese and ham omlette?
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Jill12,

I can tell you that there are currently 18 travelers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 5 men and 13 women.

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Silvia Barsanti.

For the 3 included dinners on Days 1, 4 & 7, the agents have advised that the restaurant confirmed on the 1st evening does not cater for gluten free meals.  The restaurants confirmed for the other 2 evenings do.

For the evenings where we don’t include dinner, it would be your responsibility to ask the restaurant staff if they cater for gluten free.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Good Afternoon Jill12,

I can tell you that there are currently 18 travelers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 5 men and 13 women.

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Silvia Barsanti.

For the 3 included dinners on Days 1, 4 & 7, the agents have advised that the restaurant confirmed on the 1st evening does not cater for gluten free meals. The restaurants confirmed for the other 2 evenings do.

For the evenings where we don’t include dinner, it would be your responsibility to ask the restaurant staff if they cater for gluten free.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hello, Please can you tell me how many are booked on this holiday (men/women)  and who the tour leader is?  Also I am a coeliac and I am wondering how easy it will be to get gluten free food in local restaurants,  Thank you