Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi charleyhorse

Don't let your worries put you off booking a JY holiday. Generally, I travel on my own but do occasionally meet up with a friend whom I have met on a previous JY holiday but we do mix in well with the whole group. I know others have experienced a large group booking, but I have been in that situation yet.

Happy holidays is the key.

Regards

Sylvia

Hello Charliehorse,

Out of the 10 completed, one still to do, only one trip was with my sister on Flavours of Tuscany in October 2015. We had 2 pairs of sisters on that trip. Always split up, never bothered us. My first trip in 2010 had a pair of sisters, one who was widowed and the other married- just like Jen and I. Remember that one was an artist- she sat on her stool drawing the Pyramids at Giza with a soldier/policeman looking after her. 3 months later and there was the Arab Uprising.

Yes there will be friends together, people make friends on these trips and meet up several years down the line. Only once have I seen a lady from a previous trip. Also I am good friends on Facebook with quite a few.

Book it and love it x

Jan

Hi Charleyhorse.I have been on seven JY North American (plus one travelsphere too) trips in the last four years and will be with them again in May (US west coast) and can thoroughly advise you to keep booking.My approach is they will take me to loads of interesting places and they will provide a fab tour manager. On many of my trips some people travelled together as friends or knew someone on the trip.This has never been a problem as I have made several great friends but still had time to do my own thing , usually heading off to some crazy sports event. People pay there money and can travel with who they want, and if they keep to themselves that's their choice.However there are always people to pal up with if that's important to you. Don't be put off, still loads of great people to meet, places to see and adventures to have. And no I am not on commission with JY.

Russell Kerfoot

To pinch a phrase from strictly, "keep travelling" !!!!

Charleyhorse, dont be put off by the little things... I am sure whatever holiday you are planning will be amazing and so far I've never been in the position where no one was friendly, regardless of the number of people who knew each other from different holiday.
Hi I know this has been discussed many times at this stage but as I'm sure you know, if you have done many JY tours, that a few friends travelling together does not make any real difference to the dynamics of the group.  Please don't let this stop you booking a holiday that you really want to do, it would be a terrible shame.  I've done 14 JY tours with 3 more booked and it's never been a problem!

All the best,

Bob

Good Afternoon Charleyhorse,

We offer the option for multiple travellers to book on the website as occasionally we get bookings where friends wish to travel together. When friends book together, we encourage them to book through our groups department so they aren't mixed in with single travellers.

This has always been an option online and isn’t something that has been recently added.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Regular customer, done many Just You trips. Just gone on to website to book for September. However, a bit put off in the booking process on the internet when asked how many in my party, and asking for first names of each person in party in the booking. Noted recently on community pages, comments about groups on Just You holidays, but this seems to be encouraging groups. Not completed my booking at the moment. Felt put off. First time I've found this in booking process.