Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Dyuti and Jellifer,

I am booked on this trip for October. If we have 6 hours at Singapore then I will definitely book a lounge. Also as Jellifer says, this was 40 hours from hotel to door.

Shall be finding your review Jellifer. I already have Cindy's photos that she FB me. Have looked up Singapore already and know that there is a Hard Rock Cafe and Universal Studios on Sentosa Island which is 3 stops on the MRT from the hotel. Would love to have a Singapore Sling at Raffles even though I hate Gin :P

Jan

Look forward to meeting you, Jan.

Dyuti

'Jellifer' wrote:

Hi Dyuti

I did this trip in 2015 and door to door from leaving the hotel to getting home was 40 hours. It does  sound daunting but there was plenty of time in between flights. Might be worth considering paying to access one of the lounges at Singapore. Most of our group did this last year in Jo'berg - was great to be able to relax & have a shower before the next flight. 

I did write a review of my NZ trip if you want any more info

Thanks, Jellifer. From Jo'burg to LHR, we had about 5 hours wait. Most of decided to pay $30 to use the lounge at the airport. I don't think we need to book it in advance. Although it makes sense to search for the lounge(s) at the airports via internet before leaving here, in case advance booking is required. 

Dyuti

Hello Dyuti and Jellifer,

I am booked on this trip for October. If we have 6 hours at Singapore then I will definitely book a lounge. Also as Jellifer says, this was 40 hours from hotel to door.

Shall be finding your review Jellifer. I already have Cindy's photos that she FB me. Have looked up Singapore already and know that there is a Hard Rock Cafe and Universal Studios on Sentosa Island which is 3 stops on the MRT from the hotel. Would love to have a Singapore Sling at Raffles even though I hate Gin :P

Jan

Hi Dyuti

I did this trip in 2015 and door to door from leaving the hotel to getting home was 40 hours. It does  sound daunting but there was plenty of time in between flights. Might be worth considering paying to access one of the lounges at Singapore. Most of our group did this last year in Jo'berg - was great to be able to relax & have a shower before the next flight. 

I did write a review of my NZ trip if you want any more info

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Dyuti,

There will be time to relax before boarding your flight as your flight from Christchurch to Singapore arrives at 17:40pm and the flight from Singapore to London Heathrow departs at 23:30pm.

Please note that all flight times are provisional.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thank you, Mildred. You put my mind to rest. I will book the holiday now.

Dyuti

Good Afternoon Dyuti,

There will be time to relax before boarding your flight as your flight from Christchurch to Singapore arrives at 17:40pm and the flight from Singapore to London Heathrow departs at 23:30pm.

Please note that all flight times are provisional.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hello Julia,

I am considering the above tour as always wanted to visit NZ. I am a bit apprehensive about reading that returning from Christchurch to LHR via Auckland and Singapore. I would guess this would mean approx 40 hours of total travel time. 

The reviews about this tour do not mention anything about this, although it seems too many hours. From Melbourne to LHR took 24 hours on a non stop flight. It was a tiring and never ending flight. I would like to know whether the time spent in Auckland and Singapore airports will be rushed, or there will be time to relax before boarding the onward flight. 

Dyuti