Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you for your answer Mildred.

I see that the holiday is now on the website, but unfortunately the price has shot up alarmingly, and reading reviews it will be no good to me mobility wise.

Good Morning Bosuncat,

We are sorry that you are frustrated but we cannot release the hotel information to you until the new brochure comes out.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thinking back on this Mildred. 

I am so disappointed ( and I know I have said it previously, but I will repeat), that I cannot get my proposed return on the Dubrovnik trip in May sorted because of the uncertainty on the hotel issue.  I will not book, although I have a firm date proposed until I know for certain that the hotel has been changed.  To have no information on this, and to be told that I will have to wait until December when the new brochure comes out is not acceptable in my view.  Like so many others I have to make arrangements far in advance, and dates have to be confirmed as well.  Currently I feel as though I am in limbo, and I am leaving other people in limbo as well. 

To have a date for a holiday right at the beginning of May, and not even knowing until half way through December, if then, if the hotel is changing, and indeed if it will be acceptable for me is simply not good enough.  If I simply  had a name, I could research, and see if it is suitable for me.  To have the holiday disappear off the website and then having to wait for weeks for ANY information is not good enough.

As far as Ancient and Modern Crete is concerned I accept the fact that this is a new trip for JY, and there will be some uncertainties about the optional excursions, but again I feel that we should have more information before the final documentation arrives.  This applies to, to the provisional flight times.  I know that it is a long time in advance, but EasyJet have their flight times up for next September, and these are totally different from the ones that JY have currently.  For those of us that have to book connecting flights, and other travel arrangements, we need to have some kind of an idea before the final documentation.

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I don't believe so but it will all be confirmed when the brochures come out.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Mildrid, looking forward to receiving Dec brochure so I can plan my holiday for next year. Sue

Good Afternoon,

I don't believe so but it will all be confirmed when the brochures come out.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Mildred, for the Magical Mallorca trip in 2017, is JY not going to Puerto Pollensa hotel again for Sept?
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Bosuncat,

Apologies for the delayed response.

In regards to Mallorca, We will be using the BeLive Hotel Costa Palma in Cala Mayor for 2017.

Dates and prices will be available in the December edition brochure.

All the costs of the optional excursions and information on the amount of walking should be stated in your final documents.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Thank you Mildred.

Good Morning Bosuncat,

Apologies for the delayed response.

In regards to Mallorca, We will be using the BeLive Hotel Costa Palma in Cala Mayor for 2017.

Dates and prices will be available in the December edition brochure.

All the costs of the optional excursions and information on the amount of walking should be stated in your final documents.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred. 

Well that's my September holiday booked.  🙂   As for May I am still waiting to see what happens either for Dubrovnik hotel change or failing that Mallorca hotel confirmation (reappearance on website).  Because of domestic issues I may have to forego Mallorca though (dates problem), and keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome from Dubrovnik.

So.  I actually rang to book yesterday, but the young lady in CS was unable to confirm the booking, as my request was passed on to Special Services, because of me using a walking stick.  I have had to ring back this morning (no call back as promised), to get more information.  I do understand why this has had to be done, but it can be a little bit annoying.  I explain each time that I only use the stick for stability on steps, but the same thing always happens.

So after the disappointment of the River Cruise being cancelled, (and not being able to change my dates), I am feeling very positive about this holiday.  The hotel looks really good, and the excursions also.  I do have a question about the optional excursions.  When are we likely to know the cost of the optional excursions please?  Also some guidance to the amount of walking needed?  I have read up on Knossos, and it does involve uneven surfaces, and steps, so some sort of guidance from JY would be appreciated. 

Many thanks.