Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Mildred

I too will wait to find out if the flight times are changed or not as I would not book if it was the late evening flight.

Sylvia - since this is a short holiday I really do not fancy arriving so late at the hotel, particularly since there is a full day trip the next morning. I want a relaxing holiday, not be too tired to start with. Being tired at the end is okay! Hopefully there will be an earlier flight on offer as I do fancy this holiday.

Jaya

Thanks Mildred - I will hold off booking for the next month if I can, but my diary may force me into making a decision one way or another before then.  I will check with you if I need to make a quick decision if that's the case to see if the flight timings have been confirmed.

Best wishes,

Bob

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Does this mean that the flight would land in Sao Miguel around midnight?  According to the net, the flight is 3 1/2 hours and this would mean that we would not get to the hotel until later still - not what I would be looking for on a short haul tour!  Can the aviation team think again about this tour, as I do not think I would want to book if this is the case - and I was on the verge of booking too!!!  This would also mean that the tour would not be half board as we would obviously arrive far too late for dinner on the first night.  This is VERY disappointing.  Thank you Jaya for this information.

All the best,

Bob

Good Morning Bob,

I have just contacted the aviation team about this issue and they are well aware of it.

They are looking into changing the flight times but nothing has been confirmed yet.

If you ask again in a month or so, we should be able to confirm flight times.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

'Jaya' wrote:

Thanks Julia for your quick response.  The 20:30 departure puts me off a bit as you will arrive quite late (in fact it will nearly be Day 2 when you arrive!)  and then we have a full day's excursion on Day 2.  An earlier flight would have been perfect.  I will have to rethink as to whether or not to go ahead and book or look at something else .

Kind regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya

I went to the Azores in September with another company.  Our flight from Gatwick was at 8.30 pm and the reason we were given was the airline, SATA, had limited flights a day.  We returned on the 14.55 flight.  

The airport is not very far from any of the hotels at Ponta Delgada.

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Julia,

Further to my last post the flights on the TAP website are completely different:

Sat 17 June dep. Gatwick 14.10 arr. PD 17.10

Sat 24 June dep. PD 08.35 arr. Gatwick 13.20.

I am confused!  Before I abandon my plans to book this holiday I would really appreciate urgent and definitive comment on these flights.

Many thanks,

Bob

Hi Julia,

Does this mean that the flight would land in Sao Miguel around midnight?  According to the net, the flight is 3 1/2 hours and this would mean that we would not get to the hotel until later still - not what I would be looking for on a short haul tour!  Can the aviation team think again about this tour, as I do not think I would want to book if this is the case - and I was on the verge of booking too!!!  This would also mean that the tour would not be half board as we would obviously arrive far too late for dinner on the first night.  This is VERY disappointing.  Thank you Jaya for this information.

All the best,

Bob

Thanks Julia for your quick response. The 20:30 departure puts me off a bit as you will arrive quite late (in fact it will nearly be Day 2 when you arrive!) and then we have a full day's excursion on Day 2. An earlier flight would have been perfect. I will have to rethink as to whether or not to go ahead and book or look at something else .

Kind regards

Jaya

Hi jaya,

It looks like the flights may have been updated since the team first put this itinerary together.

So the current provisional flight times are as follows

Depart Gatwick: 20:30

Arrive Gatwick. 19:40

The usual flights are provisional, subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents statement applies.

I have spoken to the holiday creator for this tour who has advised that the welcome drink was planned for day 1 however depending on the flight timings the welcome drinks will now be on either day 1 or day 2.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Mildred / Julia

I am considering going on the Green Island of the Azores trip in June next year.  When I called Just You to find out the provisional flight times, I was told that the outbound flight departed at 8.30 p.m.   I am sure this is not right as it does not tie in with the itinerary for Day 1 where it sates that 'this evening you will have an opportunity to get to know your travelling companions when we meet for a welcome drink'.  If we were flying out in the evening then everyone will just want to go to bed!  Grateful if you are able to let me have the provisional flight times for both outbound and inbound flights.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Jaya