Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi

You do not need a Yellow Fever jab for Kenya, but you may have to have it for certain countries after travelling to Kenya - though this may be time limited. I know I had to have a Yellow Fever jab when we travelled from Kenya to India, but this was in 1969! After reading Sally's review this trip has crept up a bit higher on my list!

Jaya

Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear you're having a fab time Sally and looking forward to your review. Only four week till I'll be there..

I've got malaria tablets and have had all the other jabs. It's just two nurses at my GP's said different things about yellow fever. Knowing you didn't need it clears it up for me. Hope you're last day is as good as the rest.

Paula

As Bob says I am still in Kenya and I can confirm that you do not need a yellow fever jab. You do need malaria tablets along with the other usual tetanus etc jabs which your GP will be able to advise. Tomorrow is our last full day here and I can safely say that this has been the best safari I have done with regards to wildlife sightings (I have done 8 safaris before). I will do a full review on my return but I can promise you will have a trip to remember.

Sally

I went with JY, YES I did have the yellow fever jab it was recommended by the nurse, yes I had to pay for it, but rather safe than sorry.. I would re check with them.

Cindy

Hi Paula H. I've travelled a bit and the advice from my practice nurse is always "if in doubt have the jab". As far as I remember, it wasn't very expensive and I had no reactions. Better safe than sorry. Enjoy your holiday.
Hi Paula,

A couple of my JY friends - Hils and Sally - have done Kenya, in fact Sally is there at the moment!  I am sure one of them will tell you of their experience and whether they had a yellow fever jab when they get back.  I haven't been to Kenya, but have seen a good bit of southern Africa and it's true what they say, once Africa enters your soul it never leaves!  I absolutely love it and hope to go back one day.

All the best,

Bob

Good Afternoon,

We would always advise you to speak to your GP before travelling.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Do you know if we need to have the Yellow Fever vaccine for the Kenyan Safari? 

When I spoke to the nurse about jabs she didn't mention it but when I went back to have the jabs another nurse said it was recommended for some areas of Kenya.

I've also seen various websites that say different things, so now i'm not sure whether I need it or not?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Paula