Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Jan,

I went on my first holiday with JY in September to New York and it was my first time to the states (I have been to Europe before but not with JY), and I can say I was looked after very well, so much so that I am planning on booking the Arizona holiday for next October. 

I haven't been on it but looking at it I would say you wouldn't need too much spending money (depending on each persons perspective of what is and is not too much) as all meals are included and it appears to be mainly centered around the ranch with no optional excursions if I remember correctly, but obviously some spending money is required, I intend to take a lot less than I did for NYC. 

Also don't forget for either of the trips you're looking at you will need your ESTA which JY can arrange, I selected this as an extra when I booked. 

I noticed Cindy mentioned insurance, if you pick the Arizona one don't forget to ensure your insurance includes horse riding as this will need to be specifically selected (I have done riding holidays before just not with JY) this will slightly increase the cost but please make sure it is selected if you do the Arizona holiday.

I hope you enjoy whichever holiday you choose to do, JY look after their customers very well so don't worry about not having travelled much before.

Donna

'Jan rogers' wrote:

On retirement I promised myself a Holiday. Have only holidayed in the UK. The holiday I have seen for next year is the big  Texan adventure and the close second is Arizona the ranch experience. I have never flown before or have been so far afield. Has anyone experienced either of the holidays and give me any advice on the venues, how much spending money I will need. As a virgin traveller I need all the advice I can get.

Many thanks.

Jan Rogers.

'AnnF' wrote:

Good afternoon, Mildred (I assume you are looking after the site today).

I think this would do better in the "Say hello" slot since he/she isn't asking you any specific questions.   I'm sure Cindy and others would be only too happy to reply.

Ann

Good Morning Ann,

I absolutely agree with you. I will need to figure out a way to move the post to the right forum.

Many Thanks,

Mildred.

Jan

Welcome to the world of JY, I have done neither of these tours, but I have travelled around the world with JY since 2006, I have done many USA tours. Have you looked to see if anybody has left a review on that section. THe tours work really well, well organised the age range mix is good, more ladies than men travel with JY. Some tours can be very hectic so really read up on the description on what's on offer.

How much money to take can add up, there might be optional excursions you would like to do, shopping!!!!!. Etc

Also there are lunches, evening meals, and coffee and cake stops along the way as well this all adds up..

Don't forget you will need insurance to cover you for USA, I would take a credit card and debit card just in case, I always let the bank and credit company know I am travelling and where to.

I hope someone that has been in these tours can offer you the help,you need.

Good luck

Cindy

Good afternoon, Mildred (I assume you are looking after the site today).

I think this would do better in the "Say hello" slot since he/she isn't asking you any specific questions. I'm sure Cindy and others would be only too happy to reply.

Ann

On retirement I promised myself a Holiday. Have only holidayed in the UK. The holiday I have seen for next year is the big  Texan adventure and the close second is Arizona the ranch experience. I have never flown before or have been so far afield. Has anyone experienced either of the holidays and give me any advice on the venues, how much spending money I will need. As a virgin traveller I need all the advice I can get.

Many thanks.

Jan Rogers.