Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Dyuti,

When I did this tour five years ago, I brought 5,000 rand and $1,000 with me to pay for excursions, meals etc.  I also used an ATM while in S Africa, as did many of the group.  But be careful - scams can happen, so don't go to an ATM by yourself, always have a couple of people with you!  Don't forget to tell your bank before you go, so you have no troubles using your debit and credit card whilst away.  Hope this helps.  It is a wonderful tour and I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

All the best,

Bob

Thank you Mildred and Bob. It helps to know approx how much cash we need to carry. I prefer not to use an ATM when abroad but pay using my debit or credit card. I do let my bank know before I leave.

Hi Dyuti,

When I did this tour five years ago, I brought 5,000 rand and $1,000 with me to pay for excursions, meals etc.  I also used an ATM while in S Africa, as did many of the group.  But be careful - scams can happen, so don't go to an ATM by yourself, always have a couple of people with you!  Don't forget to tell your bank before you go, so you have no troubles using your debit and credit card whilst away.  Hope this helps.  It is a wonderful tour and I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

All the best,

Bob

Good Afternoon,

Samantha said she has received your message and also that she will get back to you- that's if she hasn't already.

Your paperwork will tell you how much things cost and how to pay when you get it 3 weeks before travelling.

We don't usually give health advice but we strongly suggest that you should visit your GP before travelling.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Hello,

I recd an attachment about half the excursions in August and a full list this morning. The excursions are quite expensive. However, only about £400 worth can be pre-booked and paid for before leaving. The bulk of them worth £700+ are to be paid for while in SA/Zambia. The information suggests to pay in cash only. How much cash are we expected to carry with us, since we need to have GBP, ZAR and USD?

I haven't recd any information about the health precautions and other important matters that need to be dealt with well in advance. 

I sent an email message to Samantha Illiffe few days ago. Georgia Anderson gave Samantha's address to me before she left. I would appreciate if you could ask Samantha whether she recd my message. 

Regards.

Dyuti