Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks Elisa. 

It all points in the direction of using Gatwick which I am not happy about.  😕

Hi Bosuncat,

Based on this year Birmingham to Nice has been booked for all our dates in 2016 departing on a Monday.

It departs at 15:55 arrives at 19:05

Return flight is at 19:55 arriving 21:05

Their Nice schedule runs from May to end of October and the schedules have not yet been released for 2017.

Flights 99 % of the time tend to keep the same schedule ( departure days ) year on year .

Faro is an all year round destination and that schedule is without any winter break as this is obviously in demand.

kind regards,

Elisa

Thank you for your reply Elisa. 

It's not the flight timings I am after.  Just confirmation that there IS actually a flight.  :huh:  It clearly states on the Monarch website that there are no flights to from Birmingham to Nice after November. 

I understand what you are saying in that budget airlines do not release their flight details so far in advance,  However I checked for a flight that I know DOES go with them from Birmingham (Birmingham to Faro), and the flight is clearly shown as existing for the date in May 2017 that I would require. 

It's a matter of wait and see I guess, as there is no way that I would fly from Gatwick.

Hi Bosuncat,

We always work on a year to year schedule. You will not be able to view the flights on the airlines website yet for next year with these airlines (low cost as such) as they do not release their schedule until around October 2016 time for next year – hence why we cannot confirm flight times yet.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Confusion reigns again.  :huh:

I have checked the Monarch website and it states that they have no flights from Birmingham to Nice on the required dates in May 2017.  I have also checked EasyJet and their website states that they do not fly to Nice or Genoa at all from Birmingham.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks Elisa. 

Portofino has been on the wish list for quite a while.

Hi Bosuncat,

the optional excursion to Portofino costs £64 per person.

This is the description I was given from the Holiday Creator:

Join today’s optional excursion as we explore one of the most elegant resorts in Eastern Liguria. Enjoy a walk through the narrow streets and shopping centre. After free time for lunch, we head to the resort of Portofino by boat. Explore the area of Portofino including the Church of St George, or relax in the harbour.

Kind regards,

Elisa

I think you are probably right Elisa, now I have re-thought this.  As memory serves there is a good fast road (with amazing views, from France, although I have only travelled the stretch from Monte Carlo to San Remo.  We took the train from Genoa down to San Remo which takes a lot longer.  🙂
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Re flight details Elisa, (and for anyone else who might be thinking of flying from Birmingham).  The carrier is Monarch, and the flight would be into Nice, which is a far longer transfer.

Yes the regional flights still go into Nice and the main London flight will go into Genoa. When the itinerary was changed for 2017, the decision was made to keep the regionals into Nice as the transfer time and distance are similar.

Kind regards,

Elisa

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Re flight details Elisa, (and for anyone else who might be thinking of flying from Birmingham).  The carrier is Monarch, and the flight would be into Nice, which is a far longer transfer.

Strange, Bristol and Birmingham show flights to Nice (as with the 2016 tours) but Gatwick and the itinerary states the flight is into Genoa!