Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I've just received my JY luggage labels and agree with some of the previous posts that they need to be stronger. My plan is to use my own luggage label which helps to recognize my case at the airport and use the JY labels when I am away to help with porter identication. I only ever include the flight details on my own label and never my home address. I've my own travel wallet which has travelled with me for years but have kept the JY emergency helpline card.
On my recent trip, my JY luggage tag was all but destroyed on the outward  flight  by BA luggage handling. Luckily I had kept the second one in reserve for the return journey, and not used it on my hand luggage. This resulted in a right telling off from the tour manager when I made myself known to her at the gate.  Not a great start to a holiday to be treated like a 5 year old. I have travelled with a company which uses laminated labels but even those don't survive terribly well.
My contact number and my cat-sitter's numbers are always on a card inside my case and in my hand luggage and

I think I'll put my name, flight number and destination on my own label on my case, and put the JY label on when we land.

I had thought about putting a JY label on my hand luggage as suggested but, like another subscriber, I like to fly in my own bubble. On the other hand, there might be someone who is nervous or who needs help and would like to touch base with a fellow traveller. I'll take a view on the JY label on my hand luggage at the airport 😉

Hi

Laminated labels would stand a better chance against being battered and torn!

Jaya

I never use JY labels, as I always make my own. I have my name and mobile number (no home address) &JY emergency number at the top and then in date order every flight from to and number, every hotel, address and tel number, it sounds like a big label but not if you use a small but reasonable size font. I print off a big one for inside the case and then smaller ones as labels which I laminate and attach to cases and bags by using cable ties. I may sound a bit OTT but if you have ever stood at the carousel when everyone else has got their luggage and there is no sign of yours its not much fun. Quite simply it shows where the case should be at anytime in your travels and how to contact where it should be
The reason I do not put one on my hand luggage is, I still do not like flight travel so I would rather be in my own bubble till I get the other end. I like to be very quiet on flights and am very happy to listen to music etc. So I am more than happy to meet up at the destination. I don't mean to be rude ? I know many people love to have their label on show to see who is who and to buddy up with.

Cindy

Hi Charleyhorse

I do agree with you that labels are very good at identifying fellow travellers and I used to put one on hand luggage, but since my experience with hold luggage labels being torn and destroyed, I try to save one for the return journey. Otherwise I would not have any left. Perhaps Just You can send 3 labels?

Jaya

Just to say how valuable I have found JY luggage labels in the past to help identify fellow travellers before you get to know everyone. Over the New Year this year, sadly I had to travel with another singles company who do not give you their branded luggage labels, (only because I couldn't find a JY new year break with flights that I could get to on public transport how the holiday days fell this last time). So arriving at the airport I had no idea who was in the group. But the situation became worse when, mid flight, the plane was diverted. We had to collect the luggage and then board one of several awaiting coaches to take us to the original airport where the rep was. It was impossible  to keep the group together. Now back travelling  with JY and have 2 holidays  to look forward to.
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Bob

I never use a label for the hand luggage, but I need the spare one for the return journey as the one I use for the hold luggage usually gets torn and can't be used again.  You must be one of the lucky ones who needs only one label for the entire holiday and the return journey!

Jaya

I put mine on hand luggage on day 1 for "fellow traveller ID purposes" but then take it off and keep it as a replacement for the main luggage one in the event of needing it

Hi Bob

I never use a label for the hand luggage, but I need the spare one for the return journey as the one I use for the hold luggage usually gets torn and can't be used again. You must be one of the lucky ones who needs only one label for the entire holiday and the return journey!

Jaya